Author Topic: This is a live stream of Infinite Crisis from JoyStiq on twitch  (Read 2550 times)

zenith16

• A grade - Good
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]sorry I haven't mastered the video transfer of twitch to VLC yet. But Here's a live stream from Joystiq happening now[/font]

Click if you'd like, it's just for reference.

[font='Open Sans',Arial,sans-serif]Up to now, options have been limited for those that want nothing more than to control lanes while also making Superman punch people in the face. With [font='Open Sans',Arial,sans-serif]Infinite Crisis[/font], Turbine Inc. and Warner Bros. Interactive have finally created an ideal way to satiate those particularly hungry fans of MOBAs and DC Comics. Infinite Crisis won't officially open for business until later this year, but Turbine has opened the doors on a beta version of the game this month and it's joining Joystiq Streams to show it off.[/font][/size][/color]
[font='Open Sans',Arial,sans-serif]Ryan Bendar, lead game designer on [font='Open Sans',Arial,sans-serif]Infinite Crisis[/font], will square off against Joystiq's Sam Prell in the beta on Joystiq Streams today at 4PM EST on the [font='Open Sans',Arial,sans-serif]Joystiq Twitch channel[/font][/url]. Our champions will be testing the balance of heroes like Aquaman against villains like Harley Quinn in maps based on famous DC locales like Gotham and Coast City. Anthony John Agnello will be feeding your questions to the players alongside Adam Mersky, Turbine's Executive Director of Digital Communications.

Again, you can catch all the [font='Open Sans',Arial,sans-serif]Infinite Crisis[/font] beta action on the [font='Open Sans',Arial,sans-serif]Joystiq Twitch channel[/font][/url] at 4PM EST, the very same time Joystiq Streams broadcasts every Tuesday and Thursday.[/font][/size][/color]

Here's the recorded version of that live stream. I don't know why, but they were split into 3 parts just that they were.

[font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font='Helvetica Neue',Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Joystiq Streams: Infinite Crisis with Turbine[/font][/font][/font][/size][/color]
[font='Helvetica Neue',Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]and here's their twitch channel just in case.

[/font]
[/color][font='Helvetica Neue',Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]http://www.twitch.tv/joystiq/profile/pastBroadcasts[/font][/color]/"]Linky

[font='Helvetica Neue',Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]hmm there's alot I need to learn with the codes on here. [/font][/color]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]source:Joystiq[/font]
« Last Edit: March 20, 10:57 AM by zenith16 »

tallyman1996

• A grade - Good
I got into the beta early, and was very excited. I'm a big fan of League of Legends and DC, so this seemed awesome. After playing a few games, I went back to League. The game didn't feel quite right. Of course, that was a long time ago. Perhaps if I played again now, it would be better.

zenith16

• A grade - Good
I got into the beta early, and was very excited. I'm a big fan of League of Legends and DC, so this seemed awesome. After playing a few games, I went back to League. The game didn't feel quite right. Of course, that was a long time ago. Perhaps if I played again now, it would be better.
your not the only one that felt this way i've met others. 

But alot can change after a beta especially if there suggestion given on how to improve it and it wasn't just done like a demo most people mistake a beta for the latter and it's changed the meaning and purpose of this sort of thing. 

Hope fully with my next post I'd have learned that twitch VLC there's supposed to be a live stream for marvel heroes. and i want to test that thing out

Polatron

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
This is the originating link from Joystiq shown in the first post: Click if you'd like, it's just for reference.

Note that the text is copy pasted. Note that the post BBCode and layout is completely broken, and note that the posting style used is actually typical of PR posts (copy pasted font styling in BBCode, unchecked). Note what the rules say about this situation.

I'm a good guy though, and like to believe people have good intentions, so zenith16 is getting a warning for this. However, if those two posts are not cleaned up and completely fixed in the next few days with an explanation of why those posts were left that way, even with a reply after the fact, that'll be changed to an infraction/ban.

On another note COMPLETELY, MOBAs have been starting to pique my interest more lately, especially with different licenses being injected into the fold (Infinite Crisis, 300 Heroes, King of Fighters, Heroes of the Storm). I'll be VERY curious to see what this game brings to the table and if it can uproot some of the more conventional mainstays. Too many of the newcomers have been doing the same thing over and over again, while Heroes of the Storm at least is doing what they can to promote teamwork first (likewise with DOTA 2). I'll keep my eyes on this.

zenith16

• A grade - Good
This is the originating link from Joystiq shown in the first post: Click if you'd like, it's just for reference.

Note that the text is copy pasted. Note that the post BBCode and layout is completely broken, and note that the posting style used is actually typical of PR posts (copy pasted font styling in BBCode, unchecked). Note what the rules say about this situation.

I'm a good guy though, and like to believe people have good intentions, so zenith16 is getting a warning for this. However, if those two posts are not cleaned up and completely fixed in the next few days with an explanation of why those posts were left that way, even with a reply after the fact, that'll be changed to an infraction/ban.

On another note COMPLETELY, MOBAs have been starting to pique my interest more lately, especially with different licenses being injected into the fold (Infinite Crisis, 300 Heroes, King of Fighters, Heroes of the Storm). I'll be VERY curious to see what this game brings to the table and if it can uproot some of the more conventional mainstays. Too many of the newcomers have been doing the same thing over and over again, while Heroes of the Storm at least is doing what they can to promote teamwork first (likewise with DOTA 2). I'll keep my eyes on this.

I'm sorry I thought it would be best that people knew where it came from. I thought I was fallowing the rules. as i was putting up the info from the source and I did make sure to read them. and as most live streams end they tend to not be workable any more after they are done and they put up a recorded version later on for people to view and not in the same place. Which  is why I made a second post.

I'll be more careful next time. but I'm not apart of that or joystiq I was just presenting the info as they stated it since it was from them. As it was their content. again I'll more careful next time

as to why it's not cleaned up it's cause I'm still learning how to do that code for twitch to VLC. you put up. it's not as easy as a youtube video to make it view able on the forum. this is part of the problem and I'm kinda busy with work and other stuff in my life, the procedure is long and I want to make sure I do it right. I will indeed clean it up. but I wish making twich viewable was easier like you tube is
« Last Edit: March 19, 02:38 PM by zenith16 »

Polatron

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good

I'm sorry I thought it would be best that people knew where it came from. I thought I was fallowing the rules. as i was putting up the info from the source and I did make sure to read them. and as most live streams end they tend to not be workable any more after they are done and they put up a recorded version later on for people to view and not in the same place. which why I made a second post.

I'll be more careful next time. but I'm not apart of that or joystiq I was just presenting the info as they stated it since it was from them. As it was their content. again I'll more careful next time

as to why it's not cleaned up it's cause I'm still learning how to do that code for twitch to VLC. you put up. it's not as easy as a youtube video to make it view able on the forum this part of the problem and I'm kinda busy with work and other stuff in my life, the procedure is long and I want to make sure I do it right. I will indeed clean it up. but I wish making twich viewable was easier like you tube is

Good stuff all around, thanks for clearing everything up! I wouldn't figure there's any bad intent from you, but it IS actually common of PR posts to end up broken like that since they're pasted and left alone once posted. Better to address it directly right from the get go on Arc.

Once they're fixed up, I'll remove the warning from your account. Thanks again, zenith! :)

I'm curious what other people have to say about Infinite Crisis, especially those in the beta like tallyman1996. Any opinions on it so far?

Can you pinpoint what felt wrong about the game? Was it a polish/balance issue, the controls being bizarre, Batman not having good voice clips?
« Last Edit: March 19, 01:30 PM by Polatron »

tallyman1996

• A grade - Good
Can you pinpoint what felt wrong about the game? Was it a polish/balance issue, the controls being bizarre, Batman not having good voice clips?
The controls didn't feel very tight, and the characters didn't seem very balance at the time I played. I think I'm gonna give it another go right now :)

Polatron

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
The controls didn't feel very tight, and the characters didn't seem very balance at the time I played. I think I'm gonna give it another go right now :)

Report back with an update on what's changed/improved!