Author Topic: Marvel Heroes 2016: Former Infinity Ward executive producer Mark Rubin joins MH  (Read 109685 times)

zenith16

• A grade - Good

Michael Bitton : Madness Comes to Marvel Heroes in March

Posted Feb 24, 2016 by Michael Bitton

March is going to be an exciting month for all things Marvel, but particularly for Marvel Heroes. Gaz’s Ryan ‘Ryolnir’ Collins recently took to the forums to tease us with what players can expect in the next major game update coming in early March, and we’re excited even by what little we know so far. Let’s dig in!
 Read more of Michael Bitton's Madness Comes to Marvel Heroes in March.

Quote:

Green Goblin
Green Goblin was my pick in the original fan poll for the next Marvel Heroes character and even though he lost out on the poll, I was delighted to learn he’d made the shortlist for this year’s Advance Pack. What I did not expect is that we’d be getting the Goblin so soon! Indeed, Green Goblin will be the first newly announced character to be released in 2016, and he’s sure to bring his trademark madness to the game when he makes his debut next month.
We were recently treated to a brief preview of the Goblin’s skillset and it’s hitting all the right notes for me so far. One tree will focus on some of the Goblin’s more basic tools, such as his Razor Bats and Goblin Blast, while another highlights his endless Bag o’ Tricks, featuring a bevy of different bombs, both well known and obscure. Goblin’s third and final tree focuses on all things Goblin Glider: we’re talking everything from machine guns and flame spitters to protruding blades. Honestly, I couldn’t be more excited. Goblin’s alternate costume was also revealed to be his Marvel Knights suit, which is an excellent choice.
Omega Update
The Omega system was an excellent idea with a not-so-excellent implementation. Alternate advancement is great for giving players a long-term goal, but the system and the acquisition of points just weren’t balanced. Omegas often gate players from participating in some of the later endgame content, and the current layout didn’t offer much reason to leverage the many different nodes to achieve any sense of build diversity. That all changes (hopefully) in March as Gazillion seeks to revamp the entire system.
The most important issue, the speed of Omega point acquisition, will be addressed by curving the experience needed to earn points. Simply put, players will earn Omega points faster early on, while later points will require more experience. This will allow newer players to get up to speed with usable Omega builds sooner, while still preserving the long term goal aspect that is core to the system. These changes will apply retroactively, so you may log in after the update with more Omega points available than you had previously. It’s important to note that the total experience required to hit 7500 points will remain the same, however. Oh, and the cap is being raised from 7500 to 10000, so there’s that as well!
Archangel, Emma Frost, Ghost Rider, and Cosmic Hightown
It’s been an agonizingly long wait, but Archangel (at least in team up form) will finally be coming to Marvel Heroes. I’m both excited and dreading his release. On the one hand, I’ll finally get to have the character in some form in Marvel Heroes. On the other, he’ll be a constant reminder of how fun he would be as a playable character. Unfortunately, the latest newsletter has what appears to be a Beast hint in it, so Hank may have won out over at Gaz for the final spot of Advance Pack 3. There’s always next year, I suppose! Seriously guys, it better be next year!
Ghost Rider and Emma Frost will also be receiving a QOL update of sorts next month. We were treated to a small preview of Emma's changes, but details on Ghost Rider's tweaks haven't appeared just yet. The Emma folks have been waiting a long time for both a visual update and QOL tweaks, so hopefully they get both. Ghost Rider has been underwhelming for a long time now, so any changes should be appreciated. For me, though? I want to hear about some sort of Magneto update. The Master of Magnetism has really been left behind and is in some desperate need of attention.
Oh, and we’re also getting a Cosmic version of Hightown Patrol. I was wondering if that was in the cards. Good to know!

Daredevil
Season 2 of Netflix’s Daredevil TV series is set for release on March 18 and Ryolnir teased some plans on Gaz’s side for that event. Could we see some Daredevil tweaks? Maybe Gaz acquired the rights to the series costume(s)? Or how about a surprise Elektra release? Who knows, but hopefully we find out soon!
What are you looking forward to most in Marvel Heroes next month? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!
 Michael Bitton / Michael began his career at the WarCry Network in 2005 as the site manager for several different WarCry fansite portals. In 2008, Michael worked for the startup magazine Massive Gamer as a columnist and online news editor. In June of 2009, Michael joined MMORPG.com as the site's Community Manager.
Permalink | 11 Comments

zenith16

• A grade - Good
☆☆SCHEDULED EVENT INFO☆☆

February 26th will be ARMOR Incursion (no patch on this day). There will also be a special event to celebrate leap year. From 12:01 AM Friday, February 26th through 11:59 PM Monday, February 29th, we will be setting server side XP boost to a whopping 229% and it will run until the following Thursday. There will also be a Throg pet reward on Monday the 29th.

☆☆ 2016 ANNOUNCED PLAYABLES AND GENERAL INFO ☆☆

☯ GREEN GOBLIN ☯
Ryolnir said on 02/14/16 that Green Goblin is currently scheduled to go live in early March.
 This is video from the TC, it is subject to change.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tBTfR4wfayw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tBTfR4wfayw</a>

☯ BEAST ☯
On 02/25/16 it was publicly announced that Beast would be in the AP3. His default with be the current one from the comics, shown in the pic.

On 02/22/16 TheDink revealed that she is the one who is working on this character.
 03/07/15 Cat Beast is currently our official Beast, similar to the NPC, yes. In the future, we may update him. I can't speak to the costumes for a playable Beast as there's no official plans for one right now, but I'd guess they'd be Cat Beast + Classic Beast, with NuBeast or All New X-Men as the third alt.

Side note: After Asros revealed that the last spot was decided, some members of the community ranted on the forums because they believed Gaz stated that there was going to be a poll and community vote. For the record that is NOT what was stated. Below is exactly what was stated concerning undetermined hero in the AP3
 "Making a six character pack was really hard since we usually do twelve, so we hemmed and hawwed until we decided that we could squeeze in a seventh hero, but an undetermined one. If you know anything about undetermined heroes in our game, you know it can mean one of a few things: 1) We weren't ready to announce them, 2) We're not sure if we can pull a hero off, 3) We want to do a fan vote 4) We couldn't decide. It's probably all of the above in this case. If you want a particular character in that seventh slot, start campaigning now."

Iron Fist Changes
 MichaelMayhem posted more upcoming changes to Iron Fist on 02/20/16: We already have a batch of changes done and some more cooking for next week's patch. The cliffnotes: Passive healing added. We're still sticking to the design of Immortal Weapon's active being a "block" button, but we'll be reducing its cost to make it a bit less time sensitive, and divvying out more passive healing in addition to the active. As we said before, the active should not be assumed to exist when calculating general survivability, and adding some healing will help.**
 http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/265089/test-center-iron-fist-changes

Emma Frost Design Update Preview
 Ryolnir said on 02/24/16 that they hope to launch TC today, but unfortunately Emma Frost's changes will not be available as they need more art time. It's unclear when she will be testable/released, but we'll keep you in the loop.
 Ryolnir said on 02/26/16 She won't be on TC this week, and maybe not next week.
 Due to limited amount of space I had to link this.
 https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/262671/emma-frost-design-update-preview

Ghostrider Quality of Life
 Ryolnir said on 02/22/16 that this is currently scheduled to go live in early March.
 http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/265053/test-center-ghost-rider-qol-feedback-notes

Daredevil Changes
 A community member made a thread about Daredevil changed and Ryolnir said on 02/16/16 "Daredevil changes, huh? A nice idea."

Colossus Quality Of Life
 On 02/22/16 Chufmoney is collecting feedback for a QoL for Colossus. "I'm reading feedback at this point and gathering the best/most useful parts of it to add into a QoL update. Unfortunately, I have no exact dates when we'd be putting this out. All I can say is it is planned and we are working on it."

☆☆☆☆☆ TEAM UPS ☆☆☆☆☆

☯ ARCHANGEL (X-FORCE) ☯
 Ryolnir said on 02/22/16 that he is currently scheduled to go live in early March.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XTnzoYL71iss" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XTnzoYL71iss</a>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XTnzoYL71is
☆☆☆☆☆ UPCOMING COSTUMES ☆☆☆☆☆

☯ BEAST ☯
 Ryolnir said on 02/25 that they will do the cat look and classic look as well

☯ GREEN GOBLIN ☯
 Marvel Knights - This will be his second costume.

☆☆ LEADERBOARDS, LADDERS, AND SEASONS ☆☆

The first tournament has been posted in TC - The criteria for this tournament will be time to complete, so try to find different ways for you to reduce your time!

Danger Room Tournament Rewards - Asros said on 02/20/16 that all the rewards for this tournament will be Danger Room/X-Men based.
 Tournaments - On 02/20/16 The rewards for tournaments will be all cosmetic with some currency mixed in. The tournament visuals are going to be visuals you can only obtain through tournaments. Eventually they will be adding titles. Will the Danger Room tournament there will be new items added that you can purchase will merits.
 More on tournaments - On the January 29th 2016 stream Asros talked about tournaments which are timed leaderboards. They will be creating a static Danger Room scenario(same affixes for everyone), that you will either be reusable or be able to be bought multiple times. They are currently working on tournaments for Age of Ultron and PVP. They can use different metrics to determine ranking such as time to complete etc. etc. Rewards would be given depending on rank during the tournament which almost always will be kool visual rewards, one of them being a visual for your character to look like Holo Wolverine. Titles were also mentioned as one of the possible rewards. Everyone who at least participates in the tournaments will get a base reward. Then there will be another tier of top players(no number specified), and then one awesome one for first place.

David Wegbreit and Jeff Lind talked more about PVP and Danger Room tournaments on the stream.
Producer David Wegbreit mentioned on the stream that the PVP tournaments will happen somewhere around once a week and be based on most kills or most matches won. Jeff Lind mentioned on the stream that for the Danger Room it's fair to say that there will be a scoring system that governs your status in the tournaments and will new ones will happen pretty frequently.

☆☆☆☆☆ OMEGA SYSTEM ☆☆☆☆☆

On 02/22/16 Ryolnir stated the Omega system changes are scheduled to go live early March
 Side note: Interstellar Exploration is the next node.
 Omega System plan has been posted, and there's tons of new info including rebalancing.

☆☆☆☆☆ HIGHTOWN PATROL ZONE ☆☆☆☆☆

Ryolnir said on 02/22/16 that Cosmic Hightown is currently scheduled to go live in early March.
 On 02/17/16 Asros saidOn TC) In today's build, we are showing off the first iteration of Cosmic Hightown patrol. It is very early on in the development stage but we want to get it on to TC to start working on difficulty tuning. We are looking for a good amount of time for this to be on TC before releasing it so we can get the difficulty and rewards up to par. Cosmic Hightown requires the same criteria to unlock as normal Hightown Patrol but also requires the player to have completed the Cosmic Trial on the avatar they are currently playing.
 Mechanics Changes
We have added 2 "always out" bosses to the zone, like Man-Ape, Mole Man and Black Cat in Midtown. These two bosses are Gorgon and Kirigi. The time between waves has been changed from 1 min to 3:30, the same as Midtown Patrol. This will allow more players time to combat the two "always out" bosses, Gorgon(He will be getting a new item) and Kirigi as well as the different minibosses in the zone. This is something we are looking for testing feedback on to see how it feels.
 Rewards Are Not Yet Implemented
We are working on creating brand new loot tables for these bosses with better/higher quality loot based off feedback about CMM and CICP. We want the Cosmic Patrol experience to feel rewarding for those playing, so we are starting from scratch to make this the best it can be. I'm sure some have noticed the difference in drops in Hightown vs other patrols, this is what we are building on. That being said, we will be sharing more info on rewards changes in the upcoming future.
 We originally talked about Red Skull, but he doesn't make a lot of sense thematically with the zone and story. Kirigi and Gorgon both fit with the Hand theme. We still wanted to add a boss that wasnt patrol farmable, which is why we thought Mandarin would be a good fit for ICP. Elektra in Hightown has the Communication Device artifact, which will be getting several different variations based on damage type.

☆☆☆☆☆ THE DANGER ROOM ☆☆☆☆☆

Cosmic Doop/Doop Space Nine DR Scenario - On 02/20/16 Asros mentioned that they would like to make those Danger Room scenarios and maybe have them be a tournament, so say during the Cosmic Chaos event there could be a tournament running in Doop Space Nine for example.

next up

PSA: Celebrate Leap Day in Marvel Heroes with a free pet and bonus XP

February 29, 2016 MJ Guthrie 8 Comments

Leap Day comes only once ever four years, and Marvel Heroes is celebrating by giving out free frogs and gratuitous amounts of XP. And by gratuitous,
we mean 229% more throughout the rest of the day! Add that on top of the regular Monday Midtown Madness bonus and you might be able to level up a few of your favorite heroes. If you don’t have much time to play, you still may want to log in long enough to nab your very own Throg pet, a miniature version of the Thor himself — if Thor were an amphibian, that is.

Lastly

The Stream Team: Having a hoppy Leap Day in Marvel Heroes

February 29, 2016 1 Comment

Leaping lizards! It’s Leap Day, and things are really hopping in Marvel Heroes. Between getting a free toad pet and drowning in XP, how could MassivelyOP’s MJ resist spending a Monday night in game? It is the perfect chance to get a few of her favorite heroes higher up the leveling ladder. The big question is, whom will she play: Jean Grey, Psylocke, Black Cat, X-23, Scarlet Witch or… well, there are just too many to choose from. Jump in and join us live at 9:00 p.m. to get your very own fabulous froggy and level like there’s no tomorrow. Because when it comes to the bonus, there isn’t!
 What: Marvel Heroes
Who: MJ Guthrie
When: 9:00 p.m. EST on Monday, February 29th, 2016
 Read more
« Last Edit: March 19, 02:22 PM by zenith16 »

zenith16

• A grade - Good

Ok I got two articles one from CBR via face book the other from MMORPG.Com

Comic Book Resources

9 hrs ·

The event will see a dozen new female characters added to Marvel games like "LEGO Marvel's Avengers," "Avengers Academy," "Future Fight" and more.

Marvel Games Announces "Women Of Power" Initiative
The event will see a dozen new female characters added to Marvel games like "LEGO Marvel's Avengers," "Avengers Academy," "Future Fight" and more.

Quote:

Marvel's line of games are getting a powerful upgrade. Announced via Entertainment Weekly, March 3 will mark the beginning of Marvel's"Women of Power" event. The new initiative will see the debut of new characters and content in all mobile, console, handheld and PC games.
“Across our portfolio, we’re going to launch over a dozen new female characters in all of our different games as well as the in game story events,” said Bill Rosemann, Creative Director of Marvel Games, to EW.
"LEGO Marvel's Avengers" will see Moonstone, Captain Marvel and Poundcakes added to thegame. On the mobile front, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, X-23 will appear in "Marvel Contest of Champions" and Proxima Midnight will join the cast of "Marvel Future Fight." Silk and other Spider women will appear in "Spider-Man Unlimited" and Rescue will be added to the roster of "Marvel Heroes 2016." More female heroes will be added "Avengers Academy" and Marvel "Puzzle Quest" will add "Women of Power" variants to its gameplay.
Sana Amanat, Marvel's Director of Content and Character Development said that the "Women of Power" initiative came about as a way to highlight characters that the audience might not be familiar with.
“We’re trying to find unique ways to do that in a way that is more about showcasing and celebrating these characters more than anything else,” said Amanat. “For us, we’ve been doing the 'Women of Marvel' variants for quite some time. So this time we thought we’d put a little spin on it with 'Women of Power.'
“There is very much the idea here that a lot of these characters can transcend their current roles,” added Amanat. “For me, I’m kind of looking at the possibilities that exist and I know that it’s just a matter of time before it starts going into our other divisions. But we also want to make sure that we are cultivating a mission for the growth of these characters in a way that’s realistic and authentic, and it’s really more about having the Marvel universe expand and grow, and educating our fans and new audiences about the treasure chest of characters that exist that they might not traditionally know of as we do start expanding them in different areas.”
The event will coincide with the "Women of Power" Marvel Comics variant cover initiative, which includes 25 covers featuring Marvel's female heroes.

Discuss this story in CBR's Games forum. | 19 Comments

Also with

Marvel Heroes : All Hail the Goblin King!

Posted Mar 02, 2016

March Madness takes on a whole new meaning for Marvel Heroes with the release of Green Goblin scheduled for (hopefully) later this week. I’ve been keeping up with each iteration of Goblin on Test Center since he initially came online there and I wanted to take some time this week to offer up some of my early impressions on my most anticipated character release for Marvel Heroes this year.
 Read more of Michael Bitton's Marvel Heroes: All Hail the Goblin King!

Quote:

Let’s kick things off with a look at his three skill trees.
MADMAN
Madman is probably the least interesting of Green Goblin’s three trees. This is where you’ll find his basic attack, Razor Bats, which I really wish had a specialization option to make it a spender (maybe with an added bleed?). It’s just too iconic to be retired at max level. Goblin Sparks, one of his ranged spirit spender options, may be comic accurate, but doesn’t do a whole lot for me. Aside from that, Madman is where you’ll find key passives, his flight mode, and his signature, Carpet Bomb. Carpet Bomb is already one of my favorite signatures in the game, as it fully captures the Green Goblin fantasy of flying around chaotically tossing Pumpkin Bombs all over the place.
BAG OF TRICKS
This is where things really get interesting. Green Goblin’s theme of chaos isn’t just for flavor, it’s all throughout his kit, and Bag of Tricks probably emphasizes this more than any of his other trees. Every single power in this tree is an area of effect power. If you just want to blow up the world, this is your tree. He’s got Pumpkin Bombs, Gas Bombs, Hallucinogen Bombs (confuse), Ghost Bombs, and most amusing of all, a swarm of Sonic Toads. Yes, you can unleash something like nine explosive Sonic Toads at your enemies (with the right specialization). I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention the mother of all bombs, The Big One, which as you might imagine, is a giant Pumpkin Bomb you can toss at your enemies.
Basically, this build tree screams awesome for Cosmic Danger Room.
GLIDER WEAPONS
Not only does Green Goblin offer players a wholly satisfying ranged area build option, but he also brings a full movement build to bear with his array of glider abilities. You’re always moving in a Glider Weapons spec. In fact, the tree’s main spender, Goblin Gunner, comes with some new tech that allows you to strafe while firing. The execution right now is perhaps a bit clunky, but I have to say I appreciate the novelty.
Aside from that, the Glider Weapons tree brings lasers, rockets, and a couple of AOE glider-based moves, such as Remote Controlled Dive and Wing Clip. One of my favorite skills in the tree is Nitrous Boost. This supercharges the engines of your glider, allowing you to zoom around the map (stack this with his flight power for some hilarious results) and torch your enemies with your exhaust. You can even use this to detonate the DoT applied by Gas Bomb.

Overall, I’m plenty happy with the way Green Goblin is turning out, but the one thing I hope to see improved over the next few builds are the specializations on his anti-requisite abilities, particularly OsCorp Laser.
For example, Serrated Blades for OsCorp Laser adds a bleed to Goblin’s dash power. This is pretty neat and lets you use items like Sabretooth’s Furry Mane. Unfortunately, to pick it, you need to do so over something like Ultra Wing Clip (larger AOE radius and damage, adds a cooldown), a much more practical choice for movement builds, and Nitrous Boost, which is more fun than anything else to me. I don’t feel either the bleed or the boost are compelling enough options to be much of a choice at the moment. These options could stand to be improved upon or replaced entirely and their effects added to default versions of their respective powers. Perhaps I’m missing something, but that’s what jumps out at me for the moment.
Have you tried out Green Goblin on TC yet? Share some of your build theorycrafting with us in the comments below!
 Michael Bitton / Michael began his career at the WarCry Network in 2005 as the site manager for several different WarCry fansite portals. In 2008, Michael worked for the startup magazine Massive Gamer as a columnist and online news editor. In June of 2009, Michael joined MMORPG.com as the site's Community Manager.
 Article By: Michael Bitton
 Created On: March 02, 2016
Permalink | 3 Comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#u7IMZBx7txWs7gKD.99

zenith16

• A grade - Good

Marvel Heroes : Green Goblin Ready to Terrorize Starting Friday

Posted Mar 03, 2016 by Suzie Ford

Marvel Heroes 2016 will be updated on Friday, March 4th with the Green Goblin entering the fray ready to terrorize the masses.

“You might be wondering why Gazillion selected Green Goblin – one of Marvel’s most notorious Super Villains – as the 56th playable character in a game called Marvel Heroes 2016. Longtime players know the story-based reason: During the events of AXIS, Captain America needed all the help he could get against the unyielding power of Red Onslaught, so he enlisted the aid of Green Goblin and the Thunderbolts – Super Villains forced against their wills to use their power for good. But we prefer the practical reason: HE’S SO MUCH FUN TO PLAY!!!
 Green Goblin is the 56th character to enter MH2016 and, according to the team, "he's so much fun to play!!"  Gazillion has also added Beast to the Advance Pack 3 until it leaves the store tomorrow; if you want to secure him before he launches as part of 2016’s roster, that’s the cheapest way to do it. The studio is further promising upcoming Daredevil news as well as improved powersets for Emma Frost and Ghost Rider. Check out the new trailer below!
Norman Osborn swoops in on his Goblin Glider to terrorize enemies with Pumpkin Bombs, Razor Bats, and other iconic weaponry, all accompanied by a fiendishly maniacal vocal performance by Travis Willingham. He’ll be available in-game this Friday, March 4, and players can pre-order his Hero Pack for 10% off the regular price of $17.99 – including an alternate costume and other goodies – athttp://store.marvelheroes.co
Find out more by visiting the Marvel Heroes 2016 site.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NUweUZs9Zmw[/quote]

Gazillion has also added Beast to the Advance Pack 3 until it leaves the store tomorrow; if you want to secure him before he launches as part of 2016’s roster, that’s the cheapest way to do it. The studio is further promising upcoming Daredevil news as well as improved powersets for Emma Frost and Ghost Rider. Check out the new trailer below!

[/QUOTE] Permalink | 2 Comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#24j21cOl2tUTmHo8.99
ok I have new info from my boy's tribale sage and Nullrage.

☆☆ HINTED EVENTS ☆☆

Civil War - On 02/27/16 MaichaelMayhem said Gaz has "insane" plans for Marvel Heroes with the upcoming movie.

☯ ELEKTRA ☯
Kat Cressida posted on her twitter that she will be the voice of Elektra.
 Rylonir said on 02/29/16 that Elektra is currently planned for the last day in March, though it's possible she will slip into the next week as Green Goblin did, despite her excellent sense of balance.

☆ QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS AND TUNING CHANGES ☆

MichaelMayhem said on 02/27/16 that she will have a real sprint power where she will be running in high heels.
 Ryolnir said on 02/26/16 She won't be on TC this week, and maybe not next week.
 Due to limited amount of space I had to link this.
 https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/262671/emma-frost-design-update-preview

Squirrel Girl Quality Of Life
 MichaelMayhem said on 02/27/16 that she does need some updates but don't expect them to happen in the next few months.

☆☆☆☆☆ TEAM UPS ☆☆☆☆☆
Team Up Synergy Update: On 02/27/16 MichaelMayhem said that they still are on the to-do-list they've just been bumped down on the priorities a little bit for the many, many things coming in the next few months. It's on the to-do-list, there is still plans for it and they will share it when it's more finalized.

☯RESCUE☯
 She will be last in the Team Up in the TU AP2. ETA: March.
 Update: MichaelMayhem said on 02/27/16 that she will be very passive and support focused. Has very few offensive attacks. Mostly is a healer, shield, crowd control type of character.

☯ CAPTAIN AMERICA ☯
 American Dream - Ryolnir said on 03/02/16 that this advanced costume should be available by the end of the month via the store.

☆☆☆☆☆ TRAVEL POWERS ☆☆☆☆☆
Before the dedicated hotkey happens - MichaelMayhem said on 02/27/16 that given how much tech work is needed for the dedicated key they may just add all the sprint power and toss them into the trees and remove spirit cost, flattening them, not having them scale, making them faster so that way we can have access to that feature a little bit sooner. They want to do all that with the dedicated hotkey and make it a bundled feature but the dedicated hotkey is taking a long time.

☆☆ LEADERBOARDS, LADDERS, AND SEASONS ☆☆

Ryolnir said on 03/03/16 that the tournament won't being going live with the patch on 03/04/16 because they would like to do further testing with it.**
 The first tournament has been posted in TC - The criteria for this tournament will be time to complete, so try to find different ways for you to reduce your time!

☆☆☆☆☆ SAVAGE LAND PATROL ZONE ☆☆☆☆☆

This patrol zone will function similar to tower defense where players will be able to setup towers to defend vs waves of enemies.
 High Evolutionary will be one of the bosses in this patrol zone.

« Last Edit: March 19, 02:28 PM by zenith16 »

zenith16

• A grade - Good
from Null Rage with a recent special video on controller support.

47:21
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Marvel Heroes: Black Cat Skill Preview

• 4 days ago

42:00
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Marvel Heroes: Green Goblin Skill Preview

• 4 days ago

10:03

• VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
  • 3 days ago

32:39
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Omega Changes: Cap Increase, Scaling changes, New Tree

• 3 days ago

32:07
 VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

• 3 days ago

8:42
 VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Marvel Heroes: Agent Venom Team-up Hero Preview

• 2 days ago

0:10
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Fast Omegas!

• 1 day ago

2:20
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Learn to Raid Like a Pro From the MH Immortals!

• 1 day ago

lastly and most importantly

• 10:39

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
    • <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mSDbVw2g3Ls" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mSDbVw2g3Ls</a>

Takin a look @ Controller Support in Marvel Heroes 2016

• 1 day ago
« Last Edit: March 19, 02:25 PM by zenith16 »

zenith16

• A grade - Good

Comic Book Resources

16 hrs ·

Find out how Marvel's TV efforts are impacting its video games starting this month straight from the mouth of Marvel Games' Creative Director.

"Daredevil" & "Agents of SHIELD" Bring New Looks, Gameplay to Marvel Games
CBR News spoke with Marvel Games' Bill Rosemann about bringing Punisher, Elektra, Quake and more into Marvel's action-packed video games.

To celebrate the second season of Marvel's "Daredevil" on Netflix March 18 and the return of"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D" to ABC's Tuesday night schedule tonight, CBR News has learned that five of Marvel's current video games will be getting new characters, costumes and even adventures over the coming months.
RELATED: "Avengers Academy" Enrolls Players In Marvel's Superhero Campus
The action-oriented adventure game "Marvel: Future Fight" will get uniforms for Elektra and Punisher inspired by "Daredevil" this month, while the action-packed RPG "Marvel Heroes 2016"will add TV-inspired outfits as alternate costumes for Daredevil, Punisher and Elektra. Elektra will also be added as a playable character later this month complete with the option to use her comic book costume. Meanwhile, the connect-3 combative puzzler "Marvel Puzzle Quest" will add Quake -- AKA Daisy Johnson, AKA Skye -- from "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." as a playable character, while the fighting game "Marvel: Contest of Champions" will have an in-game event with actressChloe Bennet, who plays the character on TV, as well as a Daredevil/Defenders crystal timed event. As if that weren't enough, later this year the cartoony action game "LEGO Marvel's Avengers" will release an add-on inspired by "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."
To explain the ins and outs of the new additions, CBR News spoke with Bill Rosemann, Marvel Games' Creative Director, about what goes into coordinating an event like this, and what it all means for Marvel-loving gamers.

CBR News: We've spoken before about how Marvel Games will reach out to the developers of the games when there's a new movie or event in the comics and see if they want to do something fun with the corresponding characters. I'm curious, do the people who work on the movies, or in this case the TV shows, have any say in what the game people do?
The TV take on Daredevil" in "Marvel's Contest of Champions"

Bill Rosemann: The people on the TV side always have approval. There's a whole system of checks and balances. Once a game studio decides they want to do something, we reach out to our friends on the TV side for reference materials, and explain what the game people want to do. The game developers then take these materials -- which can including photographs or scripts or footage from the set -- and use them to make the in-game items, with us at Marvel Games working with them to make sure it's all right. Once we think it's done, we then take it to the TV group for approval.

"Daredevil" is a decidedly more adult show than "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." Some Marvel Games, such as "Marvel Avengers Academy," are for younger audiences. In cases like this, do you guys tell the "Academy" people that no, they can't have the TV Daredevil, or do you say to them, "We don't think TV Daredevil works for your game but if you can think of a way to make it work..."?

That's a decision that we make internally at Marvel Games. It's part of our whole, "With great power comes great responsibility" agreement that we have with everyone we work with. It's why the "Daredevil" stuff is happening in "Marvel: Future Fight," "Marvel Heroes 2016," and "Marvel: Contest of Champions," because the people playing those games are older, while the "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." context is coming to "Marvel Puzzle Quest" and "LEGO Marvel's Avengers," which skew younger.

In "Marvel: Future Fight" and "Marvel Heroes 2016," you're just adding costumes inspired by the "Daredevil" show, not those specific versions of the characters. Why the distinction?
Well, some of the games have these characters already, and there's established stories in the games for these characters, so it wouldn't make any sense to add what happens in the Netflix show to what's already happened in the game. That's why it makes sense to just add the costume from the show.
As for the costumes being "inspired" by the show, that's because the games all have their own art styles, and so they do their version of the costumes. They copy the costumes as closely as possible, but they also put their own spin on them.
Speaking of the reference materials, if the costume is inspired by a comic, you can just hand them a copy of the comic. But if it's based on a costume from a TV show, can they visit the set and look at the real costume, maybe even as it's being worn by the actor?
It all comes down to logistics. "Marvel: Contest of Champions" is made by a team in Vancouver, while "Marvel: Future Fight" is made in Korea. So it's not always feasible for them to go to the set. It's also a matter of timing. We sometimes start work on this stuff before the show even starts filming, when they just have the costume designed but haven't started shooting yet.
"Marvel Puzzle Quest" is adding Quake as a playable character, but unlike the costumes we just talked about, the game character is inspired by the comics as well as the show. Why is she a mix?
"Agents of SHIELD's" Quake in "Marvel Puzzle Quest"

When adding a new character, our game studios have access to everything: the comics, the movies, and the TV shows. But we allow the game developers to do what's best for their game. In the case of "Marvel Puzzle Quest," its had a history of being closely tied to the comics. So it made sense for them to not just look at Quake as she appears on "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," but also how she's appeared in such comics as "Secret Warriors" and various "Avengers" comics.
Speaking of Quake, the actress who portrays her on "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," Chloe Bennet, is doing an in-game event in "Marvel: Contest of Champions." What can you tell us about that?
It's like what we did previously with Clark Gregg [who plays Agent Coulson]. She'll recruit a team of heroes and villains, and players will have the opportunity to have their team battle her team in the game. But she, like Clark, won't be playing as if she was Quake, she'll be playing as herself.
And does she have to have Quake on her team?
I don't know. I wouldn't think so. I would imagine that they'd give her latitude in choosing who she wants.
Lastly, what can you tell us about the "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D" add-on for "LEGO Marvel’sAvengers"?
All I can say is that later in the year there will be DLC pack that will include both characters and content from "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." We'll reveal more information later, but I think you can image what that might mean.
"Marvel Heroes 2016" is out now on PC and Mac; "Marvel: Future Fight" and "Marvel: Contest of Champions" are out now for iOS and Android; "Marvel Puzzle Quest" is out now for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, iOS, Android, and PC; "LEGO Marvel's Avengers" is out now for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, WiiU, 3DS, and PC.
Discuss this story in CBR's Games forum. | 9 Comments
TAGS: marvel games, daredevil (tv), agents of shield, bill rosemann, marvel comics, elektra, punisher,marvel future fight, marvel heroes 2016, marvel puzzle quest, chloe bennet, marvel contest of champions,lego marvel's avengers, daredevil, shield

zenith16

• A grade - Good
Marvel Heroes 1.05 patch brings Archangel team-up, Cosmic Hightown tweaks

March 11, 2016 2 Comments

Marvel Heroes’ latest patch, 1.05, has arrived, bringing with it Archangel as a team-up character who’ll be exclusive to team-up advance pack 2 owners until April.
[quote( author=(.*) link=(.*) date=[0-9]+)?]“Warren Worthington III, aka Angel, was a founding member of the X-Men and spent his earliest years as a mutant training under Professor Charles Xavier. But as with all students, the original X-Men strove to make a way for themselves out from under their teacher. Masquerading as the mutant hunters X-Factor, they hoped to find young mutants that needed their help before more sinister forces could reach them. Under just such an operation, Warren lost both his wings. Sensing his desperation, the villain Apocalypse offered Warren new wings under the condition that he would serve him as his Horseman of Death. Agreeing to the terms, Angel was no more, and the violent Archangel was let loose upon the world to rain razor sharp death from above!”[/quote]
The patch also tweaks the omega system UI, adjusts crafting output for consumables, and makes Cosmic Hightown less annoying: It has a stash in the landing zone and the loot table’s been tinkered with.
Read more

Also with

Our ever popular 15% Bonus G sale has returned, and there’s no better time to pick up some in-game currency for Marvel Heroes 2016! How will you be spending those extra Gs? For our big spenders, now is the time to stock up -- you can get yourself 28,750 G with the 15% bonus on our rare 25,000 G bundle!
(Learn More...)

Iron Fist's newest costume -- Immortal Weapon
-- is now available for purchase in-game!

(More Info...)

Chase Costumes are back for a limited time.
Grab them now before they disappear!

(More Info...)

Lastly and most importantly

This weekend is a good time to play!

SAINT PATRICK'S DAY
Celebrate Saint Patrick's Day in Marvel Heroes 2016 with the following holiday themed items!
  • Lucky Power-Ups - Chase the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow by picking up this holiday themed buff that displays a 4 leaf clover over your head! These buffs drop anywhere in game - collect 5 of them to receive a loot explosion that contains Uniques, Lucky 4 Leaf Clovers, Festive Saint Patrick's Day Hats, Legendary Pieces of Rainbow and more!
  • Lucky Loot Drops - 50% server side bonus to RIF/SIF
  • Legendary Pieces of Rainbow - Collecting three of these lucky charms will allow you to craft a legendary item - the Pot of Gold of Cassidy Keep!
  • Daily Gifts - Log in each day during the week for a special Saint Patrick's Day Loot Box and additional Saint Patrick’s Day visual items Friday through Monday!
  • Saint Patrick’s Day Fortune Cards - A special fortune card just for Saint Patrick’s Day!

DAREDEVIL EVENT
To celebrate the launch of the second season of Daredevil on Netflix, we are having a Daredevil themed event!
  • Free Playable Daredevil - Log in Saturday and Sunday to get a FREE Daredevil hero token!
  • Server Side Bonus Experience - 200% Bonus Experience to celebrate Season 2 through 11:59 PM Pacific on Monday 3/21! 100% Bonus Experience through 11:59 PM Pacific Thursday 3/24.
  • More Experience - Additional 50% Bonus Experience for Daredevil, Punisher, Luke Cage and Iron Fist
  • Orders from The Hand - The Hand has sent orders out to supervillains and their henchmen to try to subvert our heroes! Collect these and turn them into the Special Event Terminal in Avenger’s Tower for special rewards!
  • New Achievements - Two new Daredevil achievements, including a new secret hidden achievement for Daredevil that grants a title!
  • Tournament - A daily resetting leaderboard tracking the number of Hand Ninjas defeated by players playing Daredevil!
  • Both events will be active when servers come out of maintenance on Friday, March 18th until 11:59 PM Thursday, March 24th.

Get Daredevil for free in Marvel Heroes this weekend

March 17, 2016 29 Comments

Play Marvel Heroes for free
To celebrate the second season of Daredevil coming out on Netflix this month, Marvel Heroes is giving away the hero this weekend to anyone who doesn’t have him yet. By logging on this Saturday or Sunday, all players will get a Daredevil token that can either unlock the character or be used to upgrade his ultimate power. Because Marvel Heroes doesn’t ever know how to stop with one good thing, it’s also piling on a major bonus experience boost into next week, with extra XP if you play one of the main Daredevil series characters.
 Marvel Heroes has also triggered its St. Patrick’s Day event and added two new Daredevil achievements for additional fun. We’d tell the game to stop with all the goodies because there’s only so many hours in a day, but somehow we don’t think it would listen.
 Read more

Also with

Marvel's Daredevil Season 2 is available now only on NETFLIX, and to celebrate we’ve got an incredible weekend planned for you. First off, log in at anytime Saturday March 19th or Sunday March 20th (Pacific Time) to receive a playable Daredevil FOR FREE! We’ve also added new costumes inspired by Marvel’s Daredevil for both Daredevil and Punisher while granting them both Bonus XP throughout the week. That’s not all, there’s a sale, a special mission, and more!
(Learn More...)

Almost every Daredevil & Punisher
costume is 25% OFF!

(More Info...)

Pre-order Elektra, our 57th playable Hero
today for an extra 10% OFF!

(Purchase Now...)

zenith16

• A grade - Good
Alrighty here's what new you all ..
source: ★☯★ THE FUTURE OF MH 2016 ★☯★ Info on all upcoming things to Marvel Heroes! 03/31/16

,Marvel Heroes 2016 twiiter, MMORPG.com ,Massivelyop.com/ & Official site

The Stream Team: The agony of selecting a Marvel Heroes sidekick

March 28, 2016 2 Comments

Marvel Heroes has a slew of sidekicks to select from, and MassivelyOP’s MJ has a hard time deciding on which to use. Even worse, she now has even more team ups to choose from. Will she pull out Agent Venom, Archangel, or Howard the Duck for this latest round of Monday mayhem? Decisions, decisions.

By the time she manages to make that choice, she won’t have any energy left to select her hero, so you’ll get to determine that. Join us live at 3:00 p.m. to pick MJ’s persona for the day.
 What: Marvel Heroes
When: 3:00 p.m. EDT on Monday, March 28th, 2016
 Read more

Alrighty here's what new you all ..

☆☆SCHEDULED EVENTS INFO☆☆

March Event Schedule:
4/1 - Odin's Bounty
4/8 - ARMOR Incursion
4/15 - Mystic Mayhem
(Usual disclaimer that event order could change at any time, etc etc etc)

☆☆ HINTED AND GENERAL EVENTS INFO ☆☆

April Event - On 03/25/16 Asros said that "We are planning another "big event weekend" for later in April. Stay tuned for more info!"
 Event Changes - Update: Previously on 03/07/16 Asros said: We want to update Omega first, and are in the design stage with that right now. Once the design is finalized, we will, like we do with everything else, schedule the work in. On 03/30/16 Asros said that Operation Omega is going to be paired up with Holo-Sim in the future, possibly summertime.

Civil War - On 02/27/16 MaichaelMayhem said Gaz has "insane" plans for Marvel Heroes with the upcoming movie.
 Infinity Gauntlet - "We will do Infinity Gauntlet in the future, it is discussed fairly often."
 Terminal Tuesdays - It's been mentioned several times in the past to be coming. February 1st 2016 Ryolnir said "It's something we've talked about but there's no definitive design for it. We're focused on updating existing events and rewards."

On 03/28/16 Ryolnir said "there will not be a hero in April or May as we focus on other elements." He also said "That picture was just placed together to look nice. Everything after the first two were totally random." Referring to the AP3 pic above.

☯ ELEKTRA ☯
ETA: April 7th or 8th patch.
 Kat Cressida posted on her twitter that she will be the voice of Elektra.
 Costume Core: Adamantium
Insignias: Thunderbolts and Marvel Knights
Synergies: 2% Physical Damage and 3% Boss Damage

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/n0Xf9aUlBEI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/n0Xf9aUlBEI</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mzL-YdEIuek" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mzL-YdEIuek</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ILcblUDzSTM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ILcblUDzSTM</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yM4-i3dv1eA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yM4-i3dv1eA</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AOsC1Z9iW6Y" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AOsC1Z9iW6Y</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2y77YsUqtIk" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2y77YsUqtIk</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Z9SodAjIZI0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Z9SodAjIZI0</a>
 ☯ ANGELA ☯</center Update: On the 03/31/16 MH stream Michael Mayhem said it who was next changed 2 days ago. Please note it could still be Angela.
 On 03/28/16 Ryolnir said that it's currently scheduled that Angela is the next hero after Elketra and as with anything that may change.

☯ NICK FURY ☯
There was a thread asking if playable Nick Fury will be black or white. The white Fury has been Senior and black has been Junior(Google it). Ryolnir said on 03/28/16 "He's not Nick Fury Jr. in our universe, since it's a slight amalgamation of 616/Ultimate/various others, FWIW."

Her design update is currently on TC. I will be posting a video soon.
 On 03/28/16 Ryolnir said "Just a heads up, Emma won't be shipping this week due to some of her art still not being finalized and Elektra getting some revisions to her powers."

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/270145/test-center-emma-frost-design-update-feedback/p1

☆☆☆☆☆ TEAM UPS ☆☆☆☆☆

UPDATE RESPONSE FOR TEAM UP 2.0 PHASE 2: When Ryolnir said on 03/28/16 that there won't be a hero for April or to May to focus on other element Ryolnir was asked: "Do these "other elements" include Team Up Synergies and/or UI improvements?" And Ryolnir responded with "Among other things. Not sure that they will launch in that time frame, but they will be worked on during it."

☯ PUNISHER, MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL ☯
 This is thee same at the new costume that went out for the Daredevil Season 2 on Netflix event. Ryolnir said on 03/30/16 that it was intended to go to the store, but it's being held until the changes are made to the model. For those unaware of what he means I'll explain. When the costume was released there were several issues with it. The community brought up the issues in a thread and Lord responded and said they will see what they can do and they are currently working on fixing the model.

☯ RESCUE ☯
 On 03/31/16 she was shown off on the MH stream.

MichaelMayhem said on 02/27/16 that she will be very passive and support focused. Has very few offensive attacks. Mostly is a healer, shield, crowd control type of character.

☯ BEAST ☯
 Ryolnir said on 02/25/16 that they will do the cat look and classic look as well.

☯ BLADE ☯
 Ryolnir stated on 03/28/16 that Blade's 3rd costume is complete and in approvals.
 Previously stated: Blade's third costume will be his All New, All different costume.

☯ CAPTAIN AMERICA ☯
 American Dream - Currently on TC, video below.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Q_CqAE2yeeE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Q_CqAE2yeeE</a>
Young Avengers - In 2014 it was hinted that it may be coming. On February 1st 2016 Ryolnir stated there's no plans for it right now.

☯ ELEKTRA ☯
 Elektra's Classic costume(Default) is currently on TC. Video is below.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/n0Xf9aUlBEI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/n0Xf9aUlBEI</a>

Elektra Marvel's Daredevil. This is her alt costume and it's currently on TC

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9HCOIxpNPtw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9HCOIxpNPtw</a>

☯ NIGHTCRAWLER ☯
 Age Of Apocalypse - Was shown off on the 03/31/16 MH stream.

☯ PUNISHER ☯
 Punisher, Marvel's Daredevil - The art team is currently in the process on fixing the issues that the community brought up with the costume.

☆☆☆☆ VISUAL UPDATES INFO ☆☆☆☆☆

Emma Frost Update: On 03/28/16 Ryolnir said "Just a heads up, Emma won't be shipping this week due to some of her art still not being finalized and Elektra getting some revisions to her powers."
« Last Edit: April 11, 09:12 AM by zenith16 »

zenith16

• A grade - Good
☆☆ CRAFTING/GEAR/STARKTECH ☆☆

Relics, Blessings, Rune Changes - On 03/30/16 A thread was made asking that Gaz rework Relics, Blessings and Runewords before old artifacts. Ryolnir responded to this thread. "That's the plan. Hela being one of the most busted items in the game (% Brutal Strike Chance that ignores diminishing returns, what were we thinking?) definitely doesn't help the diversity of those items. They should pretty much all have a spot on different heroes. Same with Doop being a hybrid item that's BIS for non-hybrids. What."
 If we massively overhaul Blessings, we'll almost certainly offer some way to exchange them for each other as we have for Legendaries and such in the past. At least for a period of time (months?) If we greatly reduce character power, it would come with enemy power reduction as well. We're not going to power creep enemies, I'd rather add new difficult content/difficulty options.
 The plan is to buff other blessings and remove any potentially broken mechanics (like 20% true Brutal Strike Chance) and balance them out. There is no way we can bring some of the other affixes into competition with that. It's hilariously OP and necessary. It was a different day and age and we screwed up putting that out.
 Ryolnir was asked "how about you remove hela but give all the other runes a hela passive? all rune types give 5% brute + what they already do or something better." And Ryolnir replied "That would go against the broken mechanic we're trying to get rid of though, so that wouldn't be an option, but I like the way you think, regardless!"
 Things previously stated about the 3 - On 02/01/16 Ryolnir said that Relics and Blessing will be reviewed but there was no ETA. On 11/16/15 Ryolnir stated that they want to redo rune word balance and that rebalancing them would open tons of options and can include redesigning and that new one should happen too.
 Elektra Uniques
 Slot 1

Slot 2

Slot 3

Slot 4

Slot 5

Known Issue: Slot 1 and Slot 4 are using placeholder icons (They’ll look awesome once they’re ready)

Emma Frost Uniques
 Gloves of the Inner Circle

White Silk Gauntlets

Phoenix Force Harness

Rebel's Black Bodice

Fur Trimmed Stole of the White Queen

Dark X-Men Jacket

Generation X Academy Boots

Diamond-Tipped Stilettos

Locket of the Lords Cardinal

☆☆☆☆☆ HIGHTOWN PATROL ZONE ☆☆☆☆☆

Cosmic Hightown Reward Update - Posted on 03/25/16 (Currently in TC)

☆☆ MIDTOWN MANHATTAN PATROL ZONE ☆☆

Cosmic MM Reward Update - Posted on 03/25/16 (Currently in TC)

☆☆☆☆☆ INDUSTRY CITY PATROL ZONE ☆☆☆☆☆

Cosmic ICP Reward Update - Posted on 03/25/16 in TC forums.

☆☆☆☆☆ HOLO SIM ☆☆☆☆☆

Asros said on 03/30/16 "At the risk of painting myself into a corner, we are targeting Holosim update for this summer with an Operation Omega update."
 Stated March 2015: Holo Sim will receive an overhaul with a full loot review this will happen with the launch of the Cosmic version of Holo-Sim.
 Cosmic version ETA: 2016

☆☆☆☆☆ X DEFENSE ☆☆☆☆☆

On 03/30/16 Asros gave us an update for the X-Def overhaul: "No timetable on X-Defense yet." Side note: Please read Holo Sim, he addressed that first in the same post.
 Stated March 2015: Overhaul with a full loot review with the launch of the Cosmic X-Defense

☆☆☆☆☆ OTHER STUFF ☆☆☆☆☆

Talk of the MH Login Screen
 The new login screen featuring Elektra. Currently on TC.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cQKU1X3y_jE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cQKU1X3y_jE</a>

From twitter

zenith16

• A grade - Good
Elektra joins Marvel Heroes today as its 57th playable character
April 8, 2016  5 Comments

The badass assassin known as Elektra joins Marvel Heroes today as the MMO’s 57th playable toon, complete with her iconic red outfit. “Elektra attacks with her sai, a rope dart, shurikens and other powerful abilities, such as Marked for Death, which debuffs powerful enemies while buffing herself,” Gazillion says. “Extra care was placed into making her feel like a true assassin.” While she does have stock stealth mechanics, “her gameplay is mostly driven around finding high-value targets, marking them, then taking them out,” explains Senior Game Designer Michael May.Check out the trailer and pics below!
Read more

Popular in your network

Marvel Heroes 2016 @MarvelHeroes

Last weekend for the #WomenOfPowersales packs! bit.ly/mhteampacks
#PlayMarvelHeroes #MarvelHeroes2016

Lastly

Since her first appearance in DAREDEVIL #168 (January 1981), Elektra has proven herself one of the Marvel Universe’s most dangerous assassins. Finally, Marvel Heroes 2016 players can experience her lethal suite of moves for themselves – she’s newly available as the game’s 57th playable character. Voiced by Kat Cressida, Elektra dons her classic red costume, and an alternate choice is available inspired by her appearance in Marvel’s Daredevil Season 2.
(Learn More...)

Check out Elektra's costume inspired by
Marvel's Daredevil Season 2!

(More Info...)

Our Variant Costumes are back in the store!
Grab them now before they disappear again.

(More Info...)

The Fortune Favors You Sale is back! Select boxes
of 36 Fortune Cards are 50% off!

(More Info...)

LAST CHANCE - Our special packs inspired by Marvel's Women of Power will disappear soon!
(More Info...)

« Last Edit: April 11, 09:08 AM by zenith16 »

zenith16

• A grade - Good
hello every one and here's the latest Civil War is here Ya'll.

source:★☯★ THE FUTURE OF MH 2016 ★☯★ Info on all upcoming things to Marvel Heroes! 04/30/16,Massivelyop.com/& MMORPG.com

The Stream Team: Exploring with Elektra in Marvel Heroes

April 11, 2016 2 Comments

Elektra has finally joined the cast of Marvel Heroes, and MassivelyOP’s MJ has been waiting a while to play her, so of course she is jumping right in! And what better way to explore her power trees than by rampaging through Monday Midtown madness? Tune in live at 9:00 p.m. for a look at this new hero’s powers. What: Marvel Heroes
When: 9:00 p.m. EDT on Monday, April 11th, 2016
 Read more

Marvel Heroes’ frustration over Emma Frost feedback

April 15, 2016 58 Comments

The problem with getting feedback from a game’s community is that sometimes the community’s passion overrides the desire for useful feedback. That’s part of the takeaway from a frank discussion from the devs about the state of Emma Frost in Marvel Heroes, a sad story in which a character moved through the test center receiving plenty of feedback…

but most of it feedback oriented in the wrong direction. The goal for testers, Gazillion suggests, wasn’t to provide feedback for a balanced character; it was to provide feedback to create a game-breakingly good one.

In short, players who like the character wanted to see her pushed exceedingly far up in terms of performance, while cooler heads were shouted down, leaving developers feeling as if they had little choice but to push a live version of Emma that was specifically undertuned and buggy.

“TC just doesn’t get enough people to act on data alone, so we had no choice but to return her to a balanced state (not overpowered) and release her to the public,” explained Gazillion.
 Read more

Marvel Heroes treks to Asia, new platforms this summer

April 20, 2016 5 Comments

Gazillion announced this morning that it’s partnering with cloud-streaming service Ubitus to launch Marvel Heroes in South Korea and Japan this summer with China “and other Asian territories in the months to follow.” The launch includes a crapton of platforms too:
[quote( author=(.*) link=(.*) date=[0-9]+)?]“Leveraging Ubitus’ market and service reach, the two companies will roll out localized versions of the critically acclaimed massively multiplayer action-RPG across Asia, starting with Korea. This will include releases not only for PC and Mac, but also for tablets, smart TVs and IPTV set-top boxes, via Ubitus’ GameCloud technology.”

Read more

Alrighty here's what's coming.
Marvel Heroes 2016 Retweeted
Brian Waggoner@Asros Apr 16

39:13

Marvel Heroes Developer Stream! Answering Questions and Giveaways!

Asros_Gazillion Apr 16, 2016

4:02

3:30:56

Civil War - Asros stated on his stream on 04/16/16 that the Civil War event will be quite an extravaganza and it's safe to say that it may last most of May and it might start a little earlier than May. He also mentioned that there will be new bosses coming.
 Event Changes and Civil War and Anniversary events: Asros said on 04/07/16: "We are targeting late summer for an Omega Event Update which will also be paired with a Holo-Sim update as the two are closely tied with each other. There isn't any time to do it sooner as we have Civil War and Anniversary events to plan between now and June."
 On 04/16/16 Asros said (Vague Spoiler)"There's a very good chance you may see a character that is a team up as a boss in a future piece of content."
 The Wealth of Kings County event - Asros mentioned on his 04/16/16 stream that it may come around again in the future but don't expect it to become a weekly event.

Ryolnir said on 04/11/16 "The next hero won't be until June at the earliest, yes. It's unconfirmed who that is at this time, but we'll announce fairly soon."
 On 04/16/16 Asros said on his stream that Angela isn't the next playable character.

Nightcrawler Quality Of Life
 On 04/18/16 Chufmoney posted "I have taken your feedback and my own insights from playing him and designing other characters and put down a potential new paper design for him that includes new powers, revisions to old powers, and up-to-date additions like specializations instead of "stances." It's all on paper right now and will then be evaluated by the rest of the team for things I overlooked. After it's approved, then I or another designer will begin implementation, working with art as needed to create new animations, visual fx, etc. After that it's on to test center. It's all in the queue, it's just that we have many other things in the queue right now. Things I think people are going to like even if it means Kurt and others have to wait a bit longer."

☆☆☆☆☆ TEAM UPS ☆☆☆☆☆

UPDATED RESPONSE FOR TEAM UP 2.0 PHASE 2: Asros mentioned on his 04/16/16 stream that he would of liked to get this in before Civil War but there just wasn't enough time. It's going to take some work so it's tentatively scheduled for later this year. Asros also mentioned the reason that TU synergies didn't ship with the 2.0 launch was they weren't happy with the design they had, so they want to make sure they are before they ship it out.

☆☆☆ COSTUMES GENERAL INFORMATION ☆☆☆

Update: On Asros 04/16/16 stream Someone asked about craftable med kits with different effects mentioned previously and if that design philosophy is still around and how will it interact with costume cores. Asros replied, he still wants to do it. There's a wider change we'd like to make with costume cores where they aren't costume cores anymore, so that they can make costumes a consumable thing with sort of a dressing room, so you can see them through that way and costumes wouldn't take up your stash space. As you can imagine that will take up a decent amount of UI work and engineering time. The medkit thing you may see first. What you may see first is a non consumable med kit, that may come sooner than later. The rest of the changes were hoping to do in the near future as well.

« Last Edit: May 05, 08:42 PM by zenith16 »

zenith16

• A grade - Good

Relics, Blessings, Rune Changes - Asros mentioned on his 04/16/16 stream that these changes are happening sometime after Civil War and not before.
 Unbinding Urus and Runewords: Asros posted on 04/15/16 "There are no current plans to allow this."

☆☆ LEADERBOARDS, LADDERS, TOUNAMENTS AND SEASONS ☆☆

The Next Tournament - Asros said on 04/15/16: "These tournaments will come back from time to time, we are looking at some kind of tournament like this once a month or so. That being said, the next tournament will be starting a week from today."

☆☆☆☆☆ MODES/ZONES GENERAL INFO ☆☆☆☆☆
New Player Experience - Asros mentioned on his 04/16/16 that they are working on a brand new, new player experience that will replace Queens as well as an updated version of the raft that is more tutorialized and is better for new players. This should be coming within the next couple weeks.
☆☆☆☆☆ AXIS RAID ☆☆☆☆☆
On 04/16/16 Asros mentioned on his stream that Red Axis will have a whole new set of rewards linked to it. Red Axis will have Champion Commendations.

lastly

For a limited time, get 50% Off almost every Hero and Costume in Marvel Heroes 2016! Don't pass up this amazing chance to add all those Heroes and Costumes you've been saving up for at a discounted price.
(Learn More...)

The best deal in Marvel Heroes 2016 just got
even better. Save 15% for a limited time!

(More Info...)

Advance Pack 3 has returned! Receive Green Goblin
 and Elektra, and secure the rest of 2016's Heroes.

(More Info...)

Team up with Archangel as seen in X-FORCE (2008),
fit with razor-sharp metal wings.

(More Info...)

The final character from the Team-Up Advance
Pack 2 has arrived: Rescue!

(More Info...)

they are working on civil war now which isn't really one shot related. But when that's over we'll have to see what else they have on the list.

Marvel Heroes 2016 Retweeted

Rushlock ‏@Rushlock 8h8 hours ago
Live Q&A http://twitch.tv/rushlock | CMMM day, join us! @MarvelHeroes #rushlock Free to Play #Marvel ARPG #rushlock

0:15

New to MH? Q&A | Public Raid Day | !patreon !discord [955]
  Rushlock Apr 24, 2016

8:31:42

New to MH? Q&A | Public Raid Day | !patreon !discord [955]
  Rushlock Apr 24, 2016

8:51:39

New to MH? Q&A | CMMM & Loots! 50% Sale | !patreon !discord [956]
  Rushlock 16 hours ago

April Event Schedule:
4/29 - 5/6 - Operation Omega
(Usual disclaimer that event order could change at any time, etc etc etc)

☆☆☆☆☆ TEAM UPS ☆☆☆☆☆

☯ FALCON, CIVIL WAR ☯
 This is currently in the Captain America: Civil War Deluxe Pack

☯ AGENT 13, CIVIL WAR ☯
 This is currently in the Captain America: Civil War Deluxe Pack

☯ SPIDER-MAN ☯
 Iron Spider - Updated ETA: Ryolnir said on 04/28/16 "It will come after the movie window, as May will be focused primarily on theatrical tie-ins (and new player experience update)." He also commented on the voice for it. "It'll be a new set of dialog from Christopher Daniel Barnes."

He is an Advance Pack 3 timed exclusive, meaning that players who purchase the pack will get the costume at least 30 days before anybody else. It will be an Enhanced costume, of course.

2099 - In 2014 it was stated it will be coming in the future. 02/25/15 No definitive plans for it, specifically not in 2015. On 04/27/15 it was added to a poll along with 4 other costumes that the community will vote on to determine what is the next Enhanced costume would be.

In a recent data mine there were a decent amount of things listed. Please note that these might not be the names of items when introduced to the live servers.

Bronx Zoo Fragment, Brooklyn Fragment, Genosha Fragment, Hitown Fragment, Midtown Fragment, Ruined Projects Fragment, Ultron Fragment, Wakanada Fragment, Box of Keepsakes, Molle Ammo Bag, Molle Ammo Pouch, Molle Belt, Molle Gun Holster, Molle Knife Holster, Molle Vest, Stack of News Papers, 2 Civil War Mystery Boxes(1 Cap, 1 Iron Man). There's images of 2 artifacts, Crossbones' Mask and a white and gold laminated card. There's images of 2 Uniques, possibly crossbones vest and also a rifle. There are also Spray Paint items - Antman, Black Panther, Black Widow, Captain America, Falcon, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Vision, War Machine, Winter Soldier, and a Shield Logo.

Civil War breaks out in Marvel Heroes

May 3, 2016 34 Comments

When the war breaks out, whose side will you be on? With Captain America: Civil War hitting theaters this month, Marvel Heroes will be right there to milk every last cross-promotional drop from this epic silver screen clash. Gazillion has a whole month of events and activities planned for to tie into the movie, with bonus XP, chases, tournaments, giveaways, and other in-game cameos abounding.

“Our Civil War event is the largest event we have ever done and we want it to feel special and exciting for players,” Gazillion posted. “We plan on bringing the Civil War event back several times throughout the year, however it wont be a part of the usual event rotation since it is quite large in scope.”

The multi-phase event starts on May 6th and goes through the 26th. Once the Civil War is over, it doesn’t mean that the fun is: Gazillion reminded players that Marvel Heroes’ anniversary is coming up in June, which means freebies out the wazoo.
 Source: Official forums. Thanks, Nordavind, Enikuo, and ThreeSpeed!Read more

Also with

Marvel Heroes : Captain America: Civil War Cross Promo Activities Revealed

Posted May 03, 2016

Marvel Heroes players will undoubtedly be flocking to see Captain America: Civil War when it is out in theaters.

On heading back home, folks will be able to launch the game to find even more tie-in goodness. Gazillion has laid out a slew of activities that players can take part in and items to be snagged between May 6th and June 3rd.

5/6 - 5/12 MARVEL HEROES: CIVIL WAR PART 1!
Crossbones in Patrol Modes - Crossbones and his band of mercenaries have begun terrorizing civilians in Hightown Patrol, Industry City Patrol and Midtown Manhattan Patrol. It is up to our heroes to go in there and stop him before more innocents are caught in the crossfire!
Madripoor Bazaar Chase - Maria Hill and S.H.I.E.L.D have been busy tracking Crossbones and have located him in a heavily populated Bazaar located in Madripoor. Many innocent civilians are trapped and only our heroes can go in and help them! The chase ends with a confrontation with Crossbones that will have a very polarizing effect on the world and their opinions on super heroes.
Bonus Experience - All of the playable heroes in Captain America: Civil War will get 50% bonus experience! This includes Captain America, Iron Man, Winter Soldier, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Black Widow, War Machine, Scarlet Witch, Vision and Spider-Man! Edit: Due to player requests, we will also be doing 50% base bonus experience for all playables.
Giveaways - We will be sending out 2 codes later this week, one for each side in the Civil War. You will be able to redeem only one of the codes in order to declare your allegiance! The codes will give you either a FREE Iron Man and Team Iron Man Mystery Box, or a FREE Captain America and Captain America Mystery Box! These codes will only be available for a VERY short time, so be sure to claim them quickly once we send them out!

You can read the rest of the scheduled activities by heading to the Marvel Heroes 2016 forum.

Permalink | 10 Comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#oDc6cW0XDx8OQM5Q.99
« Last Edit: May 05, 09:08 PM by zenith16 »

zenith16

• A grade - Good
Got redeem codes for ya'll
source:Massivelyop.com/ &Official site

Marvel Heroes’ Captain America: Civil War promo is live (so get your free hero)
May 6, 2016 28 Comments

It’s time to get your free Iron Man or Captain America in Marvel Heroes!
As part of its massive Captain America: Civil War promotion, Gazillion has unleashed promo codes that will let you choose one or the other (not both) of these characters for an unlock on your account.
Just head to the redemption website, log into your account, and enter either TEAMIRONMAN or TEAMCAP. The promo goes live at noon EDT, so you’re good to go.
Don’t forget to scope out the new trailer and screenshots below!
 Read more

From the site it's self

One of the biggest Marvel weekends of all time deserves the biggest Marvel Heroes 2016 giveaway and the best gameplay events.

Begin celebrating the arrival of Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War to theaters by choosing a side and unlocking a free character!

REDEEM the code TEAMCAP to unlock Captain America! orREDEEM the code TEAMIRONMAN to unlock Iron Man!

Whose side are you on? You can only use one code! Choose a side at:marvelheroes.com/redeem

"I have not had this much fun with a game for a very long time." - MMORPG.com

Marvel Heroes 2016
is an acclaimed and beloved free Action RPG that now features:

• 10 Story Chapters
  • 10+ Game Modes
  • 57 Playable Heroes & Villains
  • 400+ Costumes
  • 80+ Team-Ups & Pets
  • 950+ Achievements
« Last Edit: May 06, 10:51 PM by zenith16 »

zenith16

• A grade - Good

Hello every I've got and updated the info in the tuning and tournament sections.

source:★☯★ THE FUTURE OF MH 2016 ★☯★ Info on all upcoming things to Marvel Heroes! 05/16/16
, Massivelyop.com/Official forums, Twitter, Linkedin.

The month long Civil War event starts on 05/06/16 and runs till 05/26/16(3 weeks). Week 1 - Part 1 which features Crossbones entering all patrol zones and the Madripoor Bazaar Chase mode. All playable characters in the movie will receive a 50% experience boost and there will be a very short limited time giveaway which features Cap and Iron Man(the code can only be used this weekend). Week 2 - Part 2 features the Civil War mode, the Civil War Tournament, and 100% exp boost for all the playables that were in the movie. Week 3 - This features Part 1 and 2 together with a 150% exp boost for the playable characters in the movie. Please click on the link below for all the details.
 Please note that regular weekly events won't be happening for the 3 weeks the Civil War event is going on.
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/disc...dule-civil-war
 5/26 - 6/3 All Civil War things listed above go away and the Cosmic Chaos event happens.

June - The 3rd Anniversary of Marvel Heroes!

Civil War - They plan on bringing back the Civil War event several times throughout the coarse of the rest of the year but it won't be a weekly event.
Captain America

Iron Man

Black Panther

Hawkeye

Spider-Man
 Civil War - This was posted on the forums by Ryolnir on 05/05/16. AFongTwo said "Spider-Man's costume is not quite ready yet for in-game, but pack purchasers will receive it next week May 12th or 13th, still ahead of when it's scheduled to be on sale individually."

Winter Soldier

« Last Edit: May 17, 12:06 AM by zenith16 »

zenith16

• A grade - Good
As A Bonus: Team-Up Hero Agent 13

This is currently in the Captain America: Civil War Deluxe Pack. AFongTwo posted and said that this team up will not be released early for pack buyers and he will go on sale individually to everyone later in May.

Ant-Man

Black Widow

War Machine

Scarlet Witch

Team-Up Hero: Falcon
This is currently in the Captain America: Civil War Deluxe Pack. He has some new Redwing abilities using the Redwing from the film! AFongTwo posted and said that this team up will not be released early for pack buyers and he will go on sale individually to everyone later in May.

Bonus: Crossbones Boss

Content Design Lead Benjamin Gross leaves Marvel Heroes, joins up with NCsoft

May 12, 2016 5 Comments

Marvel Heroes players are starting to get wind of the fact that Content Design Lead Benjamin Gross is no longer with Gazillion.

While he did not make a public farewell statement, Gross did post a comment on Twitter that served to put a period on the end of his time with the company. In regard to the recent release of the new player experience, Gross tweeted, “So excited to see one of the last things I got to work on out in the wild. Great job to the Gaz team on this!”

Gross had been with Gazillion since 2012 and worked his way up into the content design lead position. According to his Linkedin page, he is now a senior content designer with NCsoft working on “secret designs.”

Fight for your side in Marvel Heroes’ Civil War tournament

May 13, 2016 22 Comments

Marvel Heroes’ “most unique tournament to date” has started up, offering teams of players the chance to prove which one is one the right side — and which is sad and pathetic. This community-building exercise is the latest entry in the game’s month-long Civil War event.

The Civil War tournament is not a PvP brawl, as you might expect, but pits teams in competition against each other to score as many points during the week. Players will choose to join a pro- or anti-registration team and then engage in activities such as downing Ultron and completing the airfield showdown.

While the leaderboard winners each week will get a huge batch of prizes, everyone who participates is guaranteed the delivery of a consolation bundle. Additionally, the winning side will determine which type of mystery box will be given for login rewards for the week after. The tournament is scheduled to run for the next two weeks, and players can choose to defect to the other side at the start of the second week if they so wish.
Read more

The Stream Team: Captain America FTW in Marvel Heroes’ Civil War

May 16, 2016 2 Comments

Play Marvel Heroes for free
In Marvel Heroes’ latest event, players choose sides in the Civil War. MassivelyOP’s MJ went #TEAMCAP, and in honor of that is going to play Captain America. With the insane XP buff during this event, she could conceivably level him pretty high, especially with Monday Midtown Madness. There are other things to do to propel her side to victory, so join us live at 8:00 p.m. as MJ fights for freedom, truth, justice, and the Captain America way! What: Marvel Heroes
When: 8:00 p.m. EDT on Monday, May 16th, 2016
 Read more
« Last Edit: May 16, 11:58 PM by zenith16 »

zenith16

• A grade - Good
Hello every one it's  been a loner time then it should have been. here's what's been going down to the most recent events

The Stream Team: Choosing sides in Marvel Heroes’ Civil War event

May 9, 2016 One comment

There’s civil war in the Marvel universe, and that means folks are choosing sides even in Marvel Heroes.

So who does MassivelyOP’s MJ root for? Is she a part of TEAMCAP or TEAMIRONMAN (which just happen to be codes you can use through tonight to get one or the other; also choose between TEAMIRONMANMB and TEAMCAPMB for a mystery box!)? Tune in live at 9:00 p.m.to find out as she takes part in the first of the civil war event. What: Marvel Heroes
When: 9:00 p.m. EDT on Monday, May 9th, 2016
 Enjoy the show!
 Read more

Content Design Lead Benjamin Gross leaves Marvel Heroes, joins up with NCsoft

May 12, 2016 5 Comments

Marvel Heroes players are starting to get wind of the fact that Content Design Lead Benjamin Gross is no longer with Gazillion.

While he did not make a public farewell statement, Gross did post a comment on Twitter that served to put a period on the end of his time with the company. In regard to the recent release of the new player experience, Gross tweeted, “So excited to see one of the last things I got to work on out in the wild. Great job to the Gaz team on this!”

Gross had been with Gazillion since 2012 and worked his way up into the content design lead position. According to his Linkedin page, he is now a senior content designer with NCsoft working on “secret designs.”

Fight for your side in Marvel Heroes’ Civil War tournament

May 13, 2016 22 Comments

Marvel Heroes’ “most unique tournament to date” has started up, offering teams of players the chance to prove which one is one the right side — and which is sad and pathetic. This community-building exercise is the latest entry in the game’s month-long Civil War event.

The Civil War tournament is not a PvP brawl, as you might expect, but pits teams in competition against each other to score as many points during the week. Players will choose to join a pro- or anti-registration team and then engage in activities such as downing Ultron and completing the airfield showdown.

While the leaderboard winners each week will get a huge batch of prizes, everyone who participates is guaranteed the delivery of a consolation bundle. Additionally, the winning side will determine which type of mystery box will be given for login rewards for the week after. The tournament is scheduled to run for the next two weeks, and players can choose to defect to the other side at the start of the second week if they so wish.
Read more

zenith16

• A grade - Good
The Stream Team: Captain America FTW in Marvel Heroes’ Civil War

May 16, 2016 2 Comments

In Marvel Heroes’ latest event, players choose sides in the Civil War. MassivelyOP’s MJ went #TEAMCAP, and in honor of that is going to play Captain America. With the insane XP buff during this event, she could conceivably level him pretty high, especially with Monday Midtown Madness. There are other things to do to propel her side to victory, so join us live at 8:00 p.m. as MJ fights for freedom, truth, justice, and the Captain America way! What: Marvel Heroes
When: 8:00 p.m. EDT on Monday, May 16th, 2016
 Read more

Marvel Heroes : 'InstaPlay' to Become a Reality Later in 2016

Posted May 18, 2016

Ubitus and Gazillion will be bringing "InstaPlay" to Marvel Heroes 2016 later this year. Utilizing cloud technology,

Quote:

new players will not have to wait for the 20Gb download but will instead be able to jump into action immediately while the rest of the game downloads in the background.[quote( author=(.*) link=(.*) date=[0-9]+)?]“With InstaPlay, our new players can get into Marvel Heroes 2016immediately. It’s instant gratification and instantly awesome,” said Dave Dohrmann, CEO of Gazillion. “We evaluated several technologies last year and felt Click2Play was hands down the best solution for our needs.”[/quote]
We'll keep you posted when the feature goes into place.
Find out more about Marvel Heroes 2016.[font=arial !important]

[/font] [/tr]
 [/table]

Permalink | 4 Comments

I have some sad news about the one shot's content and more on the updatesof several sections with newer info which includes the costumes and visual update sections.

Info has been posted entailing lots of details about the anniversary. Please click the link below. https://forums.marvelheroes.com/disc...iversary-party

☯ ULTRON ☯

Asros said on the 05/12/16 stream Ultron is the next playable and his ETA is late June. When asked about his powers he said Ultron is heavily in development but it's fairly safe to say he will have lasers, some gravity stuff and summoning lots of robots.
 Chufmoney mentioned on 06/03/16 stream said He is kind of similar to Dr. Doom in the sense that he has a summon tree, a ranged energy tree, and a semi ranged/melee physical tree." AlexWilliams stated: The secondary resource(spirit) would be known as bandwidth.

Dr. Strange
 MichaelMayhem on 06/03/16 stream: "I'm happy that Strange has held up for so long without much change. he's aged well. but i could see us doing a little something. we'll see. yeah, his third tree could use some polish to make it more viable."

☆☆☆☆☆ TEAM UPS ☆☆☆☆☆
Michael Mayhem made a huge post about Team Up Synergies and as to whether they would benefit the hero or the team up.
 http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discu...-discussion/p1

☯ CAPTAIN AMERICA ☯
 American Dream - Update 04/07/16 They are making improvements to the costume before releasing it and it is a high priority. Ryolnir said that it could take weeks but it will be done.
 On 06/07/16 TheDink posted "American Dream was completely redone and I think awaiting Marvel Approval but I could be wrong." TheDink also mentioned the costume has big curly hair now.

☯ JEAN GREY ☯
 New X-Men Jacket Variant - TheDink gave an update on 06/06/16 "It will be a "Variant" so hopefully some time in the near future ^^**

Queen Goblin - In the pipeline.

☆☆☆ VISUAL UPDATES AND MATERIAL PASS INFO ☆☆☆

Lord said that his plan is to put the main focus on launch characters, however there may be a costume here and there that may not be that gets a VU.
 Storm, Jean, Invisible Woman and Nightcrawler - On 06/06/16 TheDink posted "I know @Lord wants to give Storm a VU but I am not sure where she is on that list. We still have Jean to finish...lol. Jean was the first one we started so she needs to be finished, not all of her costumes, just the older ones. I will try to squeeze in some time to do a material pass on MarvelNow and OML but after I do one of Sue's material pass as I have promised @keyotheseasons this for a long time! I still need to finish Nightcrawlers XForce as well......not enough time in a day.
On 06/07/16 She posted "I am currently working on Emma's material passes for her VU and new costume, it is more time consuming as she has her diamond form also but hoping to wrap those up today. If I have the time I would like to also give her OML and MarvelNow a material pass as well. I am working on Costumes, VU's and material passes so I am quite busy."

Emma and Hulk - Ryolnir posted on 06/06/16 that Emma's may come with Ultron's release(set for this month) and Hulk's VU.
 "I just hope she(Emma) will not be on TC unfinished. I will be working on her "Punk" costume material pass today. I checked in her VU yesterday so she is pretty much done except for some minor testing. Working on her materials is crazy, she has a set of textures and materials for each version, normal and diamond form. So for example, let's see if I can explain this. Her VU for her normal look has 3 materials, her hair, her cape, and her body. Each material has several textures attached to them. Her body material alone has a Diffuse (the color) a Normal (the bump) a Spec (Highlights) and a Color Spec (extra bump for highlights and color) That is just one material, each material has all of those maps attached to them. Now, she also has all of those materials for her diamond form in any of the textures that show her skin (minus the cape) so those are doubled. A lot of work for one costume....lol The hair had to be its own material because I am using the old hair shader (alpha) because it looks nicer in the end although it is more $$$ in the engine. The cape is also it's own material for the cloth dynamics @AgentNikki worked on. So most may not understand all of this but at the end of the day..... A lot of work and love went into Emma ^^
 TheDink posted on 06/07/16 Hulk VU is being worked on by NonForumArtist, have no clue when he will be out.

New Updated Cheaper Prices for the Anniversary Vendor coming in this patch!
 Year 1 Cake = 100 Slices
Year 2 Cake = 200 Slices
Red Box = 200 Slices
Blue Box = 150 Slices
Black Box = 200 Slices
Civil War Item Box = 150 Slices
Spider-Man Spray = 25 Slices
Punisher Spray = 25 Slices
Daredevil Spray = 25 Slices
ICP Ring Box = 50 Slices

☆☆☆☆☆ TRAVEL POWERS ☆☆☆☆☆

On the 06/03/16 steam Michael Mayhem gave an update: Travel Power Update will be released in two phases, one will be this month in June. The first phase will be that All travel powers will be unlocked at level 10, they will all come with a skill point in them and not take anymore points, everyone who doesn't have one will, and they will have a faster and have a more unified speed across the board. This phase will also include a dedicated movement key. The second phase involves the UI, removing the travel power out of the power trees and into some dedicated UI element for the travel power itself. Please note that Teleports ARE NOT Travel powers.

☆☆ LEADERBOARDS, LADDERS, TOUNAMENTS, AND SEASONS ☆☆

3rd Anniversary Tournament - It's currently on TC. Please go to the post below to read all the details.
 http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discu...ament-feedback

Simulation #77 aka the Cable Tournament. This tourney will be held during the last week of the anniversary. It's currently on TC.
 http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discu...mulation-77/p1

zenith16

• A grade - Good
☆☆☆ BOSS AND MOB IMPROVEMENTS ☆☆☆

Mob Improvements - On the 06/03/16 stream when a player asked about if there will be any changes to mobs to make them more interesting and have diversity, ChufMoney stated that "there's work being done to better differentiate the "mob soup."

☆☆☆☆☆ STORY MODE/MISSIONS ☆☆☆☆☆

Story Content 2.0/Cosmic Story Mode - As mentioned via the 06/03/16 stream over the next several months they want to revamp it to make story content better. They want to bring more Marvel into their content and make it a less confusing and fluid story experience which includes making systems like the mission log more fluid and letting players know they exist. There was mention of "Cosmic" story mode(which probably won't be named that) where players at level 60 would be able to play a cosmic-esk difficulty story mode. They will also making visual upgrades to story mode as well.

Dynamic Content Level Feature - They also mentioned something that was brought up last year I listed as "Unified Story Mode", where there would be dynamic scaling where players can play together at level 60 with a level 10 friend. If you are level 60 and go into a level 15 zone you will be treated as a level 15 and not as a level 60. They are hoping to get this out at the end of this month, but it's not a definite.

☆☆☆☆☆ THE DANGER ROOM ☆☆☆☆☆
Tactical Cake mentioned on the 06/03/16 stream that there will be a fix to the Danger Room that will promote playing with other players that will be coming eventually. There is no ETA.

New Environments - It was also mentioned they would like to add a new environment into Danger Room by the end of the year.

☆☆☆☆☆ RAIDS GENERAL INFO ☆☆☆☆☆

On the 06/03/16 stream Michael Mayhem talked a little about raids. He mentioned that raids have very little metrics in terms of people playing them(It's a very small portion of the community). The majority of players who do raid need 10 players to do them. Also not a lot of people have the groups to play raids with because 10 are needed most of the time, for the red raids at least. Due to the fact that not many people can experience the content it makes it difficult for Gaz to do more of them. Due to the things mentioned they are working on a renovation of the Muspelheim raid which is a 5 man version(or potentially even fewer). The 5 man version will be all new(similar mechanics but not the exact same). It will be smaller, quicker, and you will be able to queue for it much easier. You can think of it as a Muspelheim One Shot.

☆☆☆☆☆ SECRET INVASION RAID ☆☆☆☆☆

The Secret Invasion/Thanos Raid - Mayhem stated on the 06/03/16 stream it is not on the schedule for this year unfortunately.

☆☆☆☆☆ ONE SHOTS ☆☆☆☆☆

Michael Mayhem mentioned on the 06/03/16 stream that there are no plans for any new One Shots coming in the near future. They probably won't be perusing them anytime soon. One of the things he mentioned is that they are really expensive and time consuming to create and they don't really have a lot of replayability so they are putting there focus on things that do, like Danger Room for example.

☆☆☆☆☆ PVP ☆☆☆☆☆

Michael Mayhem on the 06/03/16 stream stated: "We have a lot of higher priorities than new or renovated PvP I'm afraid. We are overdue for the regular tuning passes but ultimately, PvP is very difficult for us to do. We have a game where the heroes are super fast paced and fun, and the mobs are relatively slow and cumbersome, which adds to the feel of being a superhero. I often see the "just make a patrol zone with open pvp enabled, its so easy!" but that's actually terrible. Trust me, we've tried. Hitting an extremely mobile moving target wasn't what the game was built for. Even just hitting Doop with certain heroes can be hard and he's awfully slow"

Marvel Heroes will introduce level scaling this month

June 16, 2016 18 Comments

Gazillion announced today that level scaling is finally on the way for Marvel Heroes.

“Dynamic Combat Level scales the difficulty of the game, based on the difference between your level and the enemy’s level,” explains the studio. “If you are a level 30 hero fighting a level 15 enemy, you’ll be dealing and taking similar damage as if you were level 15. You’ll still have all of your power points, unlocked powers, and gear quality of your real level, so you’ll still be much more effective than you were at level 15, you just won’t be exponentially moreso.”

Gazillion says its goal is to solve issues with people of different levels being unable to group properly and to scale highbies properly for lowbie content. When is it happening? Soon. As in June-soon.
 Read more

Also with

Marvel Heroes : Dynamic Combat Level & You - A Player's Primer

Posted Jun 16, 2016

The Marvel Heroes 2016 forum has a brand new post to give players a forward look at a system that will be coming to the game soon. Called Dynamic Combat Level, the system essentially evens the playing ground between players of different character levels.

Quote:

In essence, a level 40 fighting enemies with a level 15 friend will take equivalent damage as if he or she was also a level 15. That doesn't, of course, mitigate additional skills attained since level 15, but it does make playing with lower level friends more fun.
The post then details the reasons behind the decision to bring Dynamic Combat Level into the game:
  • to be able to play with friends of different levels
  • to stop higher level players from one-shotting everything in lower level areas and removing the fun from those players' story mode
  • to make the game challenging even for players who have technically "overleveled" the area in which they are playing
  • to eliminate the "not the right level for this region" message from virtually all areas, though there will still be some that will retain their level requirements
  • new and different ways to level characters
In addition, MH will be making a global difficulty setting for players who want more of a challenge -- and better rewards -- for playing at a higher, and more dangerous, difficulty.[quote( author=(.*) link=(.*) date=[0-9]+)?]For our prestige players, if you want to play a slightly harder but not quite Cosmic-level difficulty Story mode, with stops along the way for some harder One-Shots, you will be fully able to. Difficulty will increase not just combat effectiveness (health/damage), but also alter the amount of upgraded enemies, minibosses, affixes on enemies, population densities, and more.
For the endgame players, all game modes will have a Cosmic difficulty option and associated rewards. "Cosmic Story", "Cosmic X-Defense", "Cosmic Age of Ultron", it's all coming with this feature. Raids are the only game mode that may have some of the difficulty options locked when we launch, as we want to spend a bit more time on the individual fight mechanics and the way they grow with difficulty.[/quote]
Dynamic Combat Level is going to be deployed towards the end of June, minus a few key areas for the time being (Midtown and similar), with the Difficulty Setting slated for a possible Fall 2016 release.
Read the full post on the Marvel Heroes 2016 site.[font=arial !important]

Via MassivelyOP
[/font] [/tr]
 [/table]

Permalink | 2 Comments

Marvel Heroes adds playable Ultron, extends anniversary event through July 4 holiday

June 30, 2016 13 Comments

Marvel Heroes’s big patch today was meant to conclude the game’s anniversary event, but Gazillion is extending the festivities through the 4th of July holiday. “Once the clock strikes midnight on July 4th, the anniversary event will conclude, so stock up on cake slices while you can!” says the studio.

“The anniversary event vendor will remain in-game for 1 week after the conclusion of the anniversary event for players to spend any remaining cake slices.” Today’s update also has some content! Ultron joins the game’s roster as its 58th playable toon, along with two new Captain America
costumes — including the female version from an alternate superhero future. The studio is also teasing future content, including the new

Spider-Man team-up, a visual upgrade for Hulk, and the remainder of the dynamic combat level system.
 Ultron’s trailer is below.
 Read more

zenith16

• A grade - Good
New event schedule for the month of July -
7/1 - Mystic Mayhem
7/9 - ARMOR Incursion
7/15 - Cosmic Chaos
7/22 - Operation Omega
7/29 - Odin's Bounty

☆☆☆☆☆ TEAM UPS ☆☆☆☆☆
☯ SPIDER-MAN (MILES MORALES) ☯
 He is currently on TC
 Ryolnir posted on 07/06/16: Miles is getting some iteration based on players' feedback, so he's not coming until next week.

☯ DEADPOOL ☯
 Zen Variant - On TC currently

☯ IRON FIST ☯
 Immortal Weapon Variant - Currently on TC

☯ NIGHTCRAWLER ☯
 Age of Apocalypse Variant - Currently on TC**

Cyclops, Hulks, and Colossus Visual Updates mentioned.

Hulk VU: Asros posted on 07/07/16: Still in approvals. Nothing to worry about, some times there are revisions, etc. Hulks VU is coming, and looks great!
 TheDink posted on 06/07/16 Hulk VU is being worked on by NonForumArtist.
 On 07/06/16 Cyclops Marvel Now! VU was revealed.

Star Lord - On 06/21/16 TheDink posted a pic of a material pass on Star Lords Movie costume which includes his variant costume.

Nightcrawler - During the 01/20/16 stream Lord said that his default could use a little bit of a visual update but it's probably a little bit further down the line.
 X-Force costume material pass - In TC

Colossus Material pass.

Doctor Doom 2099 Material pass.

The Daily Grind: Should MMOs churn out new classes on a regular basis?

July 27, 2016 82 Comments

I continue to be impressed and occasionally bewildered by how Marvel Heroes keeps releasing new classes into the game, sometimes as frequently as every month. Right now we’re up to an amazing 58 playable heroes and villains, with no end to the rollout in sight.
 It’s made me think about the viability of constantly churning out new classes for MMOs. It’s not the norm, of course, as most games will only rarely enhance their rosters with a new class, but some titles seem to thrive on it. I can see how it’s beneficial for games that are designed with replayable content and shallower class structures. It’s also a potential goldmine for titles that sell classes or want to keep a population hooked.
 Would you want to see your MMO churn out new classes on a regular basis? Should it?
 Read more

Also with

Event schedule for the month of July -
7/29 - Odin's Bounty

Starting this Thursday 07/21/16 at noon pacific, we will be having a special weekend event! 200% Bonus Experience
Cosmic Prestige Bonus
Omega Leveling Bonus

These bonuses will be active from Noon on 7/21 and end at 11:59pm 7/25. All components of Cosmic Chaos aside from the Cosmic Prestige bonus will be turning off at 12:00 am 7/22.

Also, during this weekend event, be sure to log in for a FREE Random Hero Box and a Random Costume Box! Yay free!

Stat and Tuning Changes - Agent Vapor posted on 07/20/16 on the TC Forums "As mentioned last week in the Blessings thread, we will be making changes in the next patch that eliminate most all "overcap" stat bonuses which ignore diminishing returns. Blessing of Hela is the main change in this context, but there are other sources of these kind of overcap stat bonuses which have proven to be a problem and are being changed at the same time as Blessing of Hela to once again respect diminishing returns.
 The other bonuses being changed at this time are:
Cable Hero Synergy
Star-Lord Hero Synergy
Ghost Rider Hero Synergy
Moon Knight Hero Synergy
Wolverine Hero Synergy
Midtown Patrol Vest slot 2 Unique item affix
As we mentioned we'd be doing in the last Test Center phase, enemy health has been adjusted game-wide in conjunction with these changes to account for the overall lower Brutal Strike chance.

Hero powers are being reviewed in this process as well; for the case of hero powers, only powers that conferred a passive overcap bonus to Critical Hit or Brutal Strike chance are being changed.
 This only affects two Rogue passives, stolen from Drax and Hawkeye respectively. These will be changed similarly to the Hero Synergy bonuses above, and converted to 4% rating multipliers. Powers that confer a temporary overcap bonus, or bonuses that only affect a single power (such as powers that always result in a Brutal Strike) will not be changed.
 Omega system nodes are not planned to be changed as a part of this update.

Hulk VU: On 07/25/16 Agent Vapor said that we should be seeing Hulk's VU on TC in the upcoming week."
 Deadpool VU: On 07/20/16 The Dink said that she would be working on Deadpool's Visual Update. She did mention she wasn't sure if Lady Deapool will get a VU or not.

☆☆ TRAVEL POWERS ☆☆

Hawkeye's Air Bike is currently in TC
https://a.pomf.cat/pbdujf.mp4

Blessings Overhaul - It's been stated they seem very happy with what they have currently. That's not to say changes won't happen again before or after the Blessing update goes live. All Blessings will be updated to the newer version when the update goes live. There will be blessing swap recipes at the Enchanter under the blessings tab. There you will be able to swap any existing Blessing on an Artifact for a different Blessing at no cost. The exchange recipes are not a one time use only and can be used freely while they remain on the Enchanter. Unknown at this time if that will remain a permanent option on the Enchanter. Agent Vapor will give details as soon as he finds out. Please go to the link below to see pics of the blessing changes as well as more details.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/disc...ings-update/p1

☆☆ LEADERBOARDS, TOURNAMENTS, AND SEASONS ☆☆

Cosmic Doop/Doop Space Nine Danger Room Scenario - On 07/20/16 This is currently in TC and will be in an upcoming tournament.

Avenger's Tower Redesign currently in TC

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybt3TyTynnM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybt3TyTynnM</a>

Marvel Heroes’s 59th character will be Thor’s sister Angela

August 3, 2016 45 Comments

Siblings can be a pain in the tuckus or a best friend (or both!). Thor is about to find out which it is, as his birth sister Angela is heading into Marvel Heroes as the game’s 59th playable character. Angela is labeled as “Asgard’s Assassin,” and has a rather interesting backstory behind her character. Apparently she was originally created for Image Comics’ Spawn and then later transplanted and retconned into Marvel’s lineup, where she has her own book.
 Gazillion said that Angela should play much like she fights in the comic books and will be coming to the game later this month. Her Asgard’s Assassin costume was revealed, showing a no-nonsense warrior with a giant sword and a plate-metal bikini.Read more

zenith16

• A grade - Good
Here's what new from my boy Tribal Sage . Yeah this will look like Christmas lights to some of you all .

But that's how he's doing it for now.

HOW TO TELL WHATS NEW
Red Text means something in the section has been added or updated the past 6 days or so. If you see a red header with stars and no red text underneath it, it means a pic was added or I forgot to change the color back to black.

Green Text means there's something new to the thread but not something that was stated in the past 7+ days of the info being made public.

Civil War event - 09/02/16 12:01pm PST to 09/20/16 (you can switch sides 09/09/16 12pm PST and again 09/16/16 12pm PST)

09/08/16 Patch and End Of Summer event vendor will be going away.

09/20/16 Patch and Agents of SHIELD event(runs till 09/30/16)

09/30/16 Patch and Luke Cage event

☆☆GENERAL AND HINTED EVENTS INFO ☆☆

First of a number of Dev Blogs with Big Announcements and Upcoming Changes possibly coming at the end of this week.
 Luke Cage event details - 08/31/16 it was posted that it would be fairly similar in scope with the past Daredevil event and it will focus on Luke Cage's comic history as well as the new Netflix show. It will include the Diablos, New Achievements, Tournament, New Items, and experience boosts.

☆☆ 2016 PLAYABLES AND GENERAL INFO ☆☆

☯ NICK FURY ☯
Asros was asked on 08/30/16: Does this mean Nick Fury with the Shield Event? And Asros replied "Negative".
 There was a thread asking if playable Nick Fury will be black or white. The white Fury has been Senior and black has been Junior(Google it). Ryolnir said on 03/28/16 "He's not Nick Fury Jr. in our universe, since it's a slight amalgamation of 616/Ultimate/various others, FWIW."
 On 03/23/16 a Newsarama article was posted featuring Ryolnir: “With Nick Fury you’re going to see some S.H.I.E.L.D. summoning, some L.M.D. action, some of his crazy gadgets like jetpacks, the needle gun, all the goodness from the classic Steranko days, as well as some newer tech and weaponry. Probably some movie-inspired stuff as well because how could we not?”
 He will still be voiced by Keith David.

☯ CAPTAIN AMERICA ☯
 On 08/29/16 Agent Vapor posted about a New Costume - Possibly the end of next week.

Dink posted on 08/30/16 : "If you are a Captain fan (which I'm sure most are since he gets sooooooo many costumes) it just may be the best looking costume in the entire game and set a new standard. It was done by @YoungNg and I'm sure many will be blown away ^^ it's super realistic and super detailed! He also did Wolverine's VU which is also awesome!"

☯ ELEKTRA ☯
 On 08/29/16 Agent Vapor posted about a New Costume - Possibly the end of next week

Hulk's VU: On 08/29/16 Agent Vapor posted Hulk's VU is progressing nicely and could see release late next week.
 Dr. Strange's Default costume VU is scheduled to go out with tomorrow's patch(09/08/16)

Wolverine's VU: On 08/29/16 Agent Vapor posted Wolverine's VU is progressing nicely and could see release late next week.
 Psylocke VU - On 09/02/16 The Dink said that her classic would be getting a VU and most likely be using the House Of M costume model for it. She also mentioned there would be some up coming material passes for her other costumes as well.

☆☆ CRAFTING/GEAR ☆☆

Infinity Stones - In a recent datamine on 09/08/16 there were pics of the 6 Infinity Stones. Each was labeled like you see here: elements/infinity_system_stone_reality

☆☆ LEADERBOARDS, TOURNAMENTS, AND SEASONS ☆☆

Tournament to come with Luke Cage event on 09/31/16

☆☆☆ BOSS AND MOB IMPROVEMENTS ☆☆☆

Dr. Octopus - Asros posted on 09/07/16 "Doc Ock is getting a VU, not sure what the status of it is. I'll check today." A short time later he posted "Checked on Doc Ock, its moving along, needs some new animations and rigging. The model looks great, so excited!"**

On 09/30/16 Agent Vapor addressed the removal of bonuses from story mode.

Story Mode 2.0 - As mentioned via the 06/03/16 stream over the next several months they want to revamp it to make story content better. They want to bring more Marvel into their content and make it a less confusing and fluid story experience which includes making systems like the mission log more fluid and letting players know they exist. There was mention of "Cosmic" story mode(which probably won't be named that) where players at level 60 would be able to play a cosmic-esk difficulty story mode. They will also making visual upgrades to story mode as well.
☆☆ HOLO SIM AND DANGER ROOM☆☆

Level 60 Holo Sim - On 08/31/16 Asros posted: "After we patch on Tuesday, September 20th, we will be have our first Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D event! More details will be coming, but we have some very cool things coming to coincide with the season premiere. Holo-Sim is getting some love, including a new, more challenging level 60 only version with a full loot review, some new rewards and new achievements. We will be running this event until Friday, September 30th. The new level 60 version of Holo-Sim should be on Test Center fairly soon to test out."

zenith16

• A grade - Good
ok here's what new this up coming week end.

☆☆☆ COSTUMES GENERAL INFORMATION ☆☆☆

cap has his modern soldier outfit out this week

☯ GREEN GOBLIN ☯
 Thunderbolts - On 09/14/16 Asros posted that it's the next Green Goblin costume.

Scarlet Witch VU: On 09/14/16 The Dink said: It's in the pipeline, I hope awaiting approval but I could be wrong. She was done by another Artist but her Civil War face was used(Default costume).

Cyclops VU: On 09/14/16 The Dink mentioned Cyclops has had one visual update but there are more to come for him.

Hulk's VU: On 09/14/16 The Dink gave an update: Hulk is still in progress but is delayed due to some changes. His VU should not have been announced until it was ready to hit live because of posts like this.

☆☆ CRAFTING/GEAR ☆☆

Insignias - On 09/14/16 Asros posted concerning Winter Soldiers being added to the Thunderbolt's Insignias "Just made the change right now, should go in with next Tuesdays release."

Infinity Stones - In a recent datamine on 09/08/16 there were pics of the 6 Infinity Stones. Each was labeled like you see here: elements/infinity_system_stone_reality

Fallowing all this here's some thing from game informer

A more detailed article here

Comprehensive Design Revamp Coming in Series of Updates

Posted Sep 16, 2016

Marvel Heroes 2016 News | 6 Comments

The Marvel Heroes Online site has been updated with big news that a series of updates will be incoming that will update every Hero, every character build, including power points to include meaningful choices; revamping talents so that every Hero will have five sets; Heroes to be given both Defensive, Offensive and some with a Mechanic traits; Hero balance to improve the health of the game and much, much more.
Read more

zenith16

• A grade - Good
ok got this via tribal sage's special face book group. more detail coming soon. plus a video on cap's new modern soldier costume from the youtube site it's self

[font=&quot]Robbie Reyes and Quake Team Ups have been added to the TC log in screen for the upcoming SHIELD event. In my opinion both look really good.. love the car!
[/font]

0:13
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl9Rfnieu58" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl9Rfnieu58</a>
Captain America Modern Soldier Costume - Now Available in Marvel Heroes 2016!

1,490 views 1 day ago

Marvel Heroes adds Quake, Ghost Rider team-ups; Mark Rubin joins Gazillion

September 21, 2016 6 Comments

Did you catch the premiere of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. last night? Are you kind of wishing you could see more of the characters in Marvel Heroes? Good news for you: You can run with Quake and Ghost Rider as buyable team-ups in the MMOARPG as of today.[quote( author=(.*) link=(.*) date=[0-9]+)?]“Inspired by Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Gazillion proudly presents two new Team-Up Heroes for Marvel Heroes 2016. As with any Team-Up Hero, Ghost Rider and Quake fight alongside one of the game’s 59 playable Super Heroes. As the Spirit of Vengeance, Robbie Reyes comes fully equipped with a blazing hotrod, while Daisy Johnson prefers to ‘shake’ things up a bit. Both are available now!”[/quote]
In other Marvel Heroes news, Gazillion announced this morning that it’s added former Infinity Ward executive producer Mark Rubin to its board. Turns out he’s a player and big fan of Marvel Heroes already. He’ll be meeting with players on Twitch this Friday evening at 7:30 p.m. EDT.
 Read more

And lastly

Gazillion's Massive Plans May Be Worth The Wait

Posted Sep 22, 2016

Marvel Heroes 2016 Articles| 21 Comments
Face it, 2016 hasn't necessarily been a kind year to Marvel Heroes. The year's first few months had the game's dev team tied up pushing out movie tie-in content for Captain America: Civil War and things have been pretty dry since then. As it would turn out, this dry spell was a bit of a gambit on Gazillions part: risk players being bored in the short term in order to execute on some massive plans that would deal with some Marvel Heroes' most significant long term issues.
Read more

zenith16

• A grade - Good
So glad mark Rubin joined

zenith16

• A grade - Good

hello every one it's been a while again HERE'S THE LATEST WITH BOTH LUKE CAGE AND dOTOR STRANGE

source: Trabal sage's Marvel Heroesface book & Marvel Heroes

Marvel Heroes’ newest board member admits he’s a F2P whale

September 24, 2016 20 Comments

There are two things you need to know about the newest member of Gazillion’s board of directors. Mark Rubin is an avid MMORPG player (he cites both Marvel Heroes and Star Wars: The Old Republic as his go-to titles), and he considers himself a “whale” in his spending habits. In a new interview with Venture Beat, Rubin discusses how he spends money on MMOs and the differences between the whale (i.e., big spenders in free-to-play games) culture in the west and the east. For his part, he thinks that he has dropped between $1,000 and $1,500 on Marvel Heroes prior to coming on board with Gazillion.

“You have to think about the way a whale thinks about what they’re doing,” Rubin said. “The thing with free-to-play is it’s often incremental.

They don’t think about it. I don’t think about going into a free-to-play game and spending a lot of money. I just do small transactions here or there. It’s one of those things where — give me content, obviously.”read MORE

from my boy tribal sage's marvel heroes facebook

Marvel Heroes

6 hrs ·

FAQ About DEV BLOG 2!, a lot of questions you have are answere right here! Basically the Omega gear will be the end game gear like Uniques are now. Uniques after the update will probably be looked at like we look at cosmic gear now.

Dev Blog 2: Items - Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
We have decided to compile developer posts from the Dev Blog 2: Items thread in one place in order to make the questions/answers easier to find and read.
FORUMS.MARVELHEROES.COM

you can also read more here below as well

Here’s how Marvel Heroes is upending its item system (hopefully for the better)

September 28, 2016 12 Comments

Earlier this month, Gazillion stunned Marvel Heroes fans by announcing it would be implementing “the biggest systems update in the history of” the game. Among other changes, every hero is due for an update as the skill system is reworked to avoid needing multiple skill bars in what is essentially an MMOARPG. This week, the studio has posted a new dev focusing on the update from a different angle: items. Lead Systems Designer TheArtofRawr explains that power point stats on items (and recipes) will be removed, and such items will be compensated in power accordingly, such as through new attributes. Uniques will no longer drop and will instead be replaced with items in a new level 60 rarity tier called Omega that “will be tightly integrated into [the] new Difficulty Slider system.”
[quote( author=(.*) link=(.*) date=[0-9]+)?]“Omega Items are broken down into two distinct components. The first is a series of randomly rolled affixes from a shared pool. These are similar to the random affixes that can roll on uncommon through cosmic Items, but retuned and with new affixes added. The randomly rolled affix pool will be “filtered” for each hero. This means that you won’t ever find things like summon ally damage on an Item for Blade.”[/quote]
Read more

my buddies from the face book group tribale sage runs have been busy we have new costume 's for Luke cage and the heroes for hire with a jessica jones team up and Electra with third costume all on the way.

[font="][font="]Guys and Girls, [/font]here are a new fortune card is gonna be added / its Heroes For Hire

And She Hulk , Luke and Danny are getting a new costume

[/font]

[font="]Thanks Asros for the pictures

[/font]

[font="]Elektra Third Costume Ultimate Red

[/font]

[font="]

[/font]

Also with

To celebrate the release of Marvel’s Luke Cage, a Netflix Original Series, now available inMarvel Heroes 2016 is a brand new Luke Cage Costume inspired by the show, as well as a new Jessica Jones Team-Up, inspired by Marvel's Jessica Jones. Also as a special gift, log in Saturday October

1st to unlock playable Luke Cage for FREE
!

Lastly, to further celebrate Luke’s long history in Marvel Comics, a new event is live until 11:59 PM Pacific on Thursday, October 6th. The event centers around Luke Cage and his Heroes for Hire coming together to clean up the streets! There is also a new Fortune Card available for purchase that has some great classic Heroes for Hire costumes and more!

Marvel's Luke Cage is rated TV-MA. All 13 episodes available now, exclusively on Netflix.

(Learn More...)

also with

And More recently

Marvel Heroes 20167 hrs ·
JUST ANNOUNCED AT #MarvelNYCC!
Content inspired by Marvel's Doctor Strange is coming soon to Marvel Heroes 2016! The costume you see here is just the beginning. What else are you hoping for?

Marvel Heroes: Out with the omega system, in with the infinity system

October 9, 2016 20 Comments

Gazillion Lead Systems Designer TheArtofRawr is back with another Marvel Heroes design blog this weekend. Previously he’s discussed hero powers and item updates, but this one is on the infinity system, and all of them part of a massive simplification do-over for the game’s skill system.

If you ever waded through the old omega system, you’ll probably agree with TheArtofRawr that it was a “veritable beehive of paths, encompassing ~170 nodes across 14 pages,leading to analysis paralysis.” The infinity system is going to fix all that with a streamlined UI that presents itself to the player once he or she has a character at level 60 and can slot infinity gems according to your playstyle. Easy peasy.

What if you already have enough omega points to knit capes for a fleet of superheroes? Don’t worry; Gazillion will convert them accordingly. Check out the whole plan on the official site, and let us know whether you think the infinity system is going to be an improvement.
Read more

« Last Edit: November 03, 09:15 PM by zenith16 »

zenith16

• A grade - Good
Marvel Heroes

5 hrs ·ago

Dev Blog 3: Infinity System
Greetings! I am TheArtofRawr, Lead Systems Designer for Marvel Heroes 2016.
Read more
FORUMS.MARVELHEROES.COM

GREETINGS!

I am TheArtofRawr, Lead Systems Designer for Marvel Heroes 2016. This is the third in a series of dev blogs describing the biggest systems update in the history of the game. As previously mentioned, we will be updating four core game systems over the course of multiple game updates:

Hero Power Updates

Item Updates
Omega System Update
Personal Difficulty Slider
In the most recent dev blog, we shared with you the future of Items in which we discussed bonus power ranks and introduced a new rarity level, Omega. Prior to that, we outlined the flagship system change regarding Hero Powers, where we discussed Power Points, Talents, and Traits. Today we will be discussing an exciting new end-game progression system–the Infinity System.
ORIGINS AS OMEGA SYSTEM 2.0

The Omega System was originally designed to serve as an end game progression system offering max level players more depth and interest, as well as something more to advance towards with their Heroes. While such intentions are sound, the specifics and presentation of the Omega System became overly complex and difficult to parse. It takes a long time to read all of your options and determine a tactical path for assigning your Omega points. Some of the Omega bonuses were certainly enticing to build towards and achieve, while others were less so. And how do you know which are better for one Hero versus another? The options presented themselves as a veritable beehive of paths, encompassing ~170 nodes across 14 pages, leading to analysis paralysis and an undue burden of reading material to sift through.
What if there were a simpler way to find what you want for your max-level Heroes so you can get back into playing the game more quickly and easily?
INTRODUCING THE INFINITY SYSTEM

The new Infinity System offers added value to your Heroes in a clean, streamlined, and intuitive interface. In it, you will be presented six Infinity Gems, themed accordingly from the Marvel Universe: Mind, Power, Reality, Soul, Space, and Time. Within each of the six Infinity Gems, you will be presented with five options, and you will allot your points based on what you want to emphasize in your play style. You will be able to understand the whole system at a glance, and easily allocate points in a succinct way.

(Please note: The user interface above is a work in progress)
In the Infinity System, the themes are stronger, the benefits are better, and your decisions will feel more meaningful and thematically interesting.
GETTING STARTED

Level 60 status for any Hero fully unlocks the Infinity System, and it is never locked again–even your level 1 Heroes will be able to spend your accrued Infinity points. (If you are already level 60 with any Hero, the Infinity System will be available to you upon launch.)
This new Infinity System will offer a more direct value for your Heroes in both the short and long run. It will be easier to try out new Heroes you’ve never played before. And the new system will address the endcaps on nodes, making the game more engaging for longer for heavily-invested veteran players. Each of the six pages that correspond to a Gem will have an infinite option. You will never reach a state where they are no longer earning experience.
EXAMPLE GEM

Let’s look at the Power Gem’s page. Like the other Gems, it offers five distinct investment choices. One of which raises an Attribute and has an infinite maximum!

(Please note: The user interface above is a work in progress)
Each Infinity Gem’s choices are focused on elegance and tailored to the themes within that Gem.
CAVEAT

For those who have accumulated a large number of existing Omega points, you may be wondering if this will be a proportional change and how it will affect your points.
When the Infinity System launches, we will convert all points that are currently in circulation using division by ten (rounding up), and adjusting experience requirements accordingly (i.e. the total amount of XP you have accrued in the Omega system will carry over to the amount of XP accrued in Infinity). For example, if you have 1,825 points in the Omega system already, you will start in the new Infinity system with 183 Infinity points upon launch, which will then be distributed evenly into each of the six pages.
The Infinity system uses smaller costs with bigger impacts–some nodes can cost merely a single point while still retaining a valuable increase to your power. Likewise, a very strong node, such as +1 to an Attribute, may cost only 25 points as compared to 200+ in Omega. This change makes it easy to readjust your Infinity points, as there are bigger benefits at the cost of fewer points.
ONWARD!

Everything you love about the Omega System will be repackaged into a strong, elegant theme that will be much easier to use. The meat and potatoes of an end-game system will still be there, but instead of hunting down a specific bonus across several pages of hex paths in order to sort to the node you want in the Omega System, you will be making powerful decisions in the clean, streamlined interface of the Infinity System.
Now we’ve discussed three of the four core system upgrades in the biggest systems update in the history of the game. As you can see, there are a lot of exciting things coming that will make the game more streamlined, intuitive, and fun to play. Next we will be discussing one more core system update, the personal difficulty slider. Looking forward to your thoughts in the Forums.
Until next time...
-Rawr

Looking good! The art team continues deliver. Hopefully it looks awesome in game!

Marvel Heroes 20167 hrs ·
Elektra's new Marvel Heroes 2016 costume was designed by Salvador Larroca for her ULTIMATE ELEKTRA comic.⠀
Read more

#Elektra #Daredevil #MarvelHeroes2016 #PlayMarvelHeroes

zenith16

• A grade - Good
plus

Here's Mr. Wong's(aka Lace) newest video that talks about the 3rd dev blog: Infinity System.

Marvel Heroes Q&A Infinity System: Biggest System Update EVER #3
In the 3rd blog entry, GAZ talks about dropping the Omega System and introducing the Infinity System with no cap. Time codes as follow. Original post: https:...
Read more

Hero Reworks We’re Looking Forward to Most

Posted Oct 26, 2016

Marvel Heroes 2016 | Columns | 5 Comments

This update represents an opportunity to experience the game again like new.
There are plenty of characters I'd love to play that are either a chore to play now or I've simply given up on altogether.
This week, we'll highlight a couple of the reworks we're looking forward to most.Read more

ok so I got this from traibale sage via marvel heroes face book

there are new costume looks for Halloween

Matt Man October 28 at 5:18am [font="]For those that haven't seen them here's the new Vote For Loki and Green Goblin Jack O'Lantern costumes.[/font]

I really which they made Halloween more of an event I did pitch that when the former designer Ryolnir was still around they could name infernal night .

I guess I'll try and see if the new design lead will like it. it can rival DCUO's haunting hour

Marvel Heroes: Dark Dimensions and huge sales for Halloween

October 28, 2016 8 Comments

OK, Marvel Heroes fans. Put down your candy pail and your Iron Man costumes. It’s time for video game Halloween.

“An unknown source has started flooding Midtown Manhattan with Mindless Ones through a portal from the Dark Dimension!” the official site declares today. “Doctor Strange’s ally, Mordo, is asking for assistance in closing the portals in Midtown and stopping the Mindless Ones while he and others investigate the source and cause!”
 The game is promising new artifacts, new uniques, a new legendary item, new patrol and terminal quests, and trick or treat buffs dropping left and right!

Gazillion is also running multiple sales through the holidays, including a pretty sweet half-off heroes and costumes sale and a new Jack O’ Lantern Green Goblin costume.
Read more

zenith16

• A grade - Good

alright just in time for doctor strange's movie release this week. got this from my boy tribal sage's marvel heroes face book page '

Matt MantoMarvel Heroes

22 hrs ·

Dr. Strange Movie Costume looks pretty awesome! I grabbed this off the TC forums for those who haven't seen it yet.

Also with

Matt MantoMarvel Heroes

7 hrs ·

For those who haven't logged in or have gone to the forums yet, patch day is here!!
Lots of sever side boosts going on as the event continues! The new Dimensions Collide Terminal is here! New Dr. Strange and Mordo team ups added to the store along with the new Dr. Strange Movie Costume! Also log in Saturday November 5th for a Free Dr. Strange Hero Token! Thanks Gaz! All the details can be found in the patch notes in the link below!

Marvel Heroes 2016 1.32 Patch Notes
Event: Invaders from the Dark Dimension - Dimensions Collide! The Invaders from the Dark Dimension event continues!
Read more

Fallowing all that here's news from Massively Op's site

Marvel Heroes celebrates the Dr. Strange film with new costumes and free access to the hero

November 3, 2016 26 Comments

A big-budget Dr. Strange film is hitting theaters on Friday. No one, not even the studio executives responsible for the film, is clear on how this was permitted to happen.

But it’s good news for Marvel Heroes players, as the release of a new Marvel film also means new costumes to coincide with the film’s aesthetics. If you want your version of Dr. Strange to look like Bakelite Camelsquash, you can do exactly that.

Players also have access to new Team-Ups with strange in the new Sorcerer Supreme mystery box and an option to team up with Dr. Strange’s longtime ally Mordo. You can also log in on Saturday to get access to Dr. Strange for free if you don’t already have the eponymous hero in your collection, and the whole thing ties into the already running Invaders from the Dark Dimension event. Yes, it’s all a bit strange, but… actually, on second thought, we’re not going to make that pun. Too obvious. Just check out some screenshots down below.
 Read more

Got two video's of doctor strange and Barron Mordo team up's as well.

Matt MantoMarvel Heroes

2 hrs ·

If you don't have the Mordo team up yet here's an overview brought to you by Tony Cummings. I'm posting the new Dr. Strange Team Up video in the comments under it.

Click here to watch>>: Marvel Heroes: Mordo team-up overview
Overview of the Mordo team-up from Marvel Heroes. If you found the video useful,
 please hit like/subscribe and you can also follow me on Twitter here: https:...

Also with

Clickhere to watch>>:Marvel Heroes: Dr Strange team-up overview