Author Topic: Cutoff date for Old World data transfer (Transfer requests closed)  (Read 10255 times)

FyreWulff

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
This is a notice well in advance that the cutoff date to carry legacy data from the Old World - specifically, EXP and Lives (Lives which will be usable here) is August 31, 2014.

After this date, you will not be able to transfer your legacy data, at all. This is a hard cutoff.

If you have already sent me or Polatron a PM:
You're still good to go, and don't need to do anything at this point. Continue to use Arcademy as normal.

If you would like your Old World data and you have not contacted us yet:

1) Register an account at Arcademy, if you are viewing this as a guest.
2) Send me (preferred) or Polatron a PM with the email and name of your account you had at the old world. If you cannot remember the name then give us an email, and the last perk code you received at that email. If you never got a perk, we can use your email and verify you via other means.
3) You don't have to do anything at this point - you will get an email notification that your legacy data has been attached to your account. You may have to log back into Arcademy if you've saved your login, but otherwise your functionality will not change.

This is a hard cutoff. Zero exceptions can be made, so please send a PM to get your data as soon as possible if you have not already.

If you have no idea what the "Old World" is, this post does not apply to you.
« Last Edit: March 02, 10:32 PM by FyreWulff »

Hedgey

• A Grade - Promoted member
  • A grade - Good
It still lives.

mhee123

• A grade - Good
Can we call it Old Russia from now on?

Eddie_Brock

• A grade - Good
PM'd.

Thanks.

Polatron

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
Can we call it Old Russia from now on?

I like it.

Worf

• A grade - Good
Does everyone need to do this or those that have yet to transfer data?

How can we tell? 

I know I got one of the coveted early invites, does that mean my data is already migrated or I have to do it?

FyreWulff

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
Does everyone need to do this or those that have yet to transfer data?

How can we tell?

I know I got one of the coveted early invites, does that mean my data is already migrated or I have to do it?

Very few people have their Old World data already. If you do, it shows up in your Trials log as Legacy Challenges.

Essentially, if you were here in the beta, and didn't have to re-register an account, you're already transferred.

If you had to re-register, you don't have your old data yet.
« Last Edit: July 24, 02:47 AM by FyreWulff »

thePhantomLimb

• B Grade - Normal
Re: Cutoff date for Old World data transfer - August 31, 2014
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 12:48 PM »
PM sent a couple days ago. Anyone know roughly how long it takes them to import the data? No rush, just curious.

FyreWulff

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 03:32 PM »
No data import will start until after the deadline

Polatron

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 04:01 PM »
This is the final week for requests! Get yours in if you haven't already.

FyreWulff

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 10:27 PM »
Today is the last day to get in a request to transfer your old world stats. As a reminder, transferring your stats will:

- Allow you to see your Old World EXP in your Trials log
- Allow you to see your Old World EXP in your Dailies log
- Allow you to carry over your lives from the Old World, which will be spendable on Arcademy in the future
- Your join date will be adjusted back to your Old World join date

after midnight PST tonight this opportunity will be closed, and the conversion process will start shortly afterwards. You will be contacted if there are any issues with transferring your data. When your data is transferred, you will be notified via email that your transfer succeeded.

FyreWulff

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 10:54 PM »
This has also brought to my attention that the old world dailies aren't showing up in the daily log for users that were in the Arc beta. this is a display bug and will be fixed.

FyreWulff

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
Requests are closed for now. Polatron and I are compiling the requests, double checking things, and will start processing soon.

Kovaelin

• A grade - Good
Thanks for the update.

Worf

• A grade - Good
Will us Arc beta users be notified as well, or since the data has already been moved, we'll just notice the new elements?

FyreWulff

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
Arc beta users should already have the data.

I'll make a post asking Arc beta users to check certain places, though, once we're done

FyreWulff

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
Alright, we were able to get the display working fairly fast. If you were in the Arc beta and had any dailies from Old World, you should see this at the bottom of the Quiz log now:

leafhater

• A grade - Good
I sent polatron a pm when I joined the site I see no xp added from the old world
sending fyrewolf a pm
« Last Edit: September 03, 06:16 PM by leafhater »

Polatron

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
I sent polatron a pm when I joined the site I see no xp added from the old world
sending fyrewolf a pm

Explained in IRC, and in replies to everyone in PMs. Everyone who requested a transfer was added to a list for when we'd do a batch port. When that batch port is done, everyone will be told. Until then, everyone who asked (minus one person who requested on IRC but didn't send a PM when I asked) will be transferred when we run the process.

Airdom

• B Grade - Normal
Omg. Haven't been on this site for a while and now I see I missed the Tsilon cutoff? Damn ittttttttttttttttt!

Hartia

• A grade - Good
Omg. Haven't been on this site for a while and now I see I missed the ------ cutoff? Damn ittttttttttttttttt!

Same, I know when I was first transferred here, my stats were ported too. Showed it in the Profile. Now I don't know if there was a flush and we had to do this through here.
I only come on here and go straight to the games talk forum. But the other forum topic unlike most forum, doesn't show the latest topics until you go through all of them. Really, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people missed this, due to the way the navigation of the site was designed.

Polatron

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good

Same, I know when I was first transferred here, my stats were ported too. Showed it in the Profile. Now I don't know if there was a flush and we had to do this through here.
I only come on here and go straight to the games talk forum. But the other forum topic unlike most forum, doesn't show the latest topics until you go through all of them. Really, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people missed this, due to the way the navigation of the site was designed.

Anyone who was part of the original beta transfer who kept their stats early didn't have to do anything again, or send in a PM request, so that won't be an issue for you.

Regarding the site design issue, the latest topic isn't shown on each sub-forum because the latest 15 topics with activity are shown just below the sub-forum index. That same list is shown on the front/live page as well, and the transfer list one has been up there fairly regularly.

If that's not what you're referring to, let me know because improvement is always something nice to work on.

Omg. Haven't been on this site for a while and now I see I missed the ------ cutoff? Damn ittttttttttttttttt!

I could swear you sent a transfer request. Will check on that for you.

Hartia

• A grade - Good
Ahh, so those who were nominated to the new world are already safe. That's cool then. I just find it weird how it says ARC05A for me, when I rmb in the beta it was like lvl 24 somewhere on the profile page, and also the profile info were all blank when I'm pretty sure I filled. Just looked like a complete wipe, or so it seemed.

I just looked up the sub-forum. It appears that once it loads for me, the page cutoff just happens to be right above the "Latest Posts" title. So i dont bother scrolling down. I just click forum, and then the subforum i need to go to. It's a matter of how different the site is designed to the regular forums we use. It's a good thing, just a matter of filling in the blanks as the site continues to build, like the black bars that shows up on certain pages at the top.

zombyteer

• A Grade - Promoted member
  • A grade - Good
...just a matter of filling in the blanks as the site continues to build, like the black bars that shows up on certain pages at the top.

That's actually an ad thats been hidden by ad block. SURPRISE! :D

mhee123

• A grade - Good
That's actually an ad thats been hidden by ad block. SURPRISE! :D

Brought you by Hyrule Warriors! A reality where Zelda X Dynasty Warriors Exists!

Worf

• A grade - Good
If you were a part of the old world, check out the Quiz and Trials page, at the very bottom should be "Old world daily XP" for Quiz and "Legacy Challenges" (this is below the list of challenges completed and quiz answers). If you have 'em, the data was migrated successfully.

Polatron

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
If you were a part of the old world, check out the Quiz and Trials page, at the very bottom should be "Old world daily XP" for Quiz and "Legacy Challenges" (this is below the list of challenges completed and quiz answers). If you have 'em, the data was migrated successfully.

Provided you had completed either of the two in Old World. If anyone is wanting their Legacy stats though, it's assumed they did.

imbtmn

• A grade - Good
Don't worry fellas I PMd a long time ago and haven't seen my legendary status yet. I'm sure the Misters are on it though - it will just take some time.

Polatron

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
Don't worry fellas I PMd a long time ago and haven't seen my legendary status yet. I'm sure the Misters are on it though - it will just take some time.

It's mostly a case of priorities right now. We're focused on finishing up the new sections for everyone to use, and polishing up other areas that could use it before forging ahead with a ton of content that's been on hold. Likewise why Trials are delightfully on hold (for another day or two), so we can focus fully on grinding out the building, and not thinking about it for at least a few months. At that point, we can get the legacy values tagged in.

Gold_guardian

• B Grade - Normal
I sent a Pm about this to Polatron back in March :(

Polatron

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
I sent a Pm about this to Polatron back in March :(

It's been a long time, eh? You're on the list for transfer already, it's just been a long wait (don't ask, it's been something else). You'll be taken care of all the same. :)

robski808

• A grade - Good
Im guessing no exceptions...I dont know how I missed this thread, but glad to be a part of this site :)