Author Topic: [DAILY QUESTIONS] Give clues for the Dailys  (Read 39807 times)

Worf

• A grade - Good
Re: [DAILY DECADE] Give clues for the Dailys
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 03:14 PM »
#1 - two words. The second word is like finding those collection of pipes that let you go to other levels in SMB.

#2 - One word. It's one of the common anti-cheat software on PCs. Second half of the word are like the ghost- and myth-. First half, well, are you feeling lucky?

Deimos

• A grade - Good
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 07:01 PM »
Missed the 12hr deadline :'(

Thanks for the hints.

Polatron

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 10:31 AM »
A five daily batch hits later, either at 5pm Monday, or 5am Tuesday. We MIGHT be changing dailies to be on a stricter 5am new, 5pm bonus schedule instead of wavering back and forth. More as that happens.

Worf

• A grade - Good
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 06:16 PM »
Considering it's 6PM on Monday, I'm guessing it's 5AM Tuesday.

Though I think 5pm should be the "new" questions purely because the 5AM dailies mean the only way to get an A is to login during work (for most peopl who work the day). Maybe easterners get a small reprieve since you can go home, get dinner and as long as you get in before 8, you're fine. But Pacific'ers, 5pm to get an A is basically in the middle of the commute. (And I'm sure it's frowned upon trying to answer the questions and drive).

(Almost seems the 2AM/PM schedule was better - 2PM PST new questions which means everyone gets a chance, and 2AM bonus for those who chose to login at work or before the commute to work, but otherwise skippable for those banned from accessing it during work hours).

Polatron

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 08:04 PM »
Considering it's 6PM on Monday, I'm guessing it's 5AM Tuesday.

Though I think 5pm should be the "new" questions purely because the 5AM dailies mean the only way to get an A is to login during work (for most peopl who work the day). Maybe easterners get a small reprieve since you can go home, get dinner and as long as you get in before 8, you're fine. But Pacific'ers, 5pm to get an A is basically in the middle of the commute. (And I'm sure it's frowned upon trying to answer the questions and drive).

(Almost seems the 2AM/PM schedule was better - 2PM PST new questions which means everyone gets a chance, and 2AM bonus for those who chose to login at work or before the commute to work, but otherwise skippable for those banned from accessing it during work hours).

Nothing's permanent with the schedule dailies schedule right now, so it may jump back. No harm in trying out different timetables in the meantime, until eventually settling on one.

Deimos

• A grade - Good
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 08:58 PM »
2 PST was annoying for us on the east, hopefully it won't go back to that. Move the times forward instead.

Worf

• A grade - Good
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 12:26 AM »
How is it annoying? It means 5AM and 5PM eastern time. You still miss the 5AM one because of work. And 5PM happens when you come home from work. (And pacific'ers miss the 2AM one because of work, too). So both east and west miss the morning one due to work, but can get the evening one.
Unless you mean 8AM and 8PM (5/5 PT), means you can get the 8AM one by the time you get home from work, and get the new ones just before bed. Great for easterners, completely unworkable for westerners because it's 5AM/5PM.

If we move it another 3 hours to 8 PT, that's 11/11, great for the morning, but beyond bedtime for the second one. Great for westerners, lousy for easterners.

There's no real time that makes it good for both coasts. Short of re-doing the entire thing and make it 24 hours for A and another day beyond that.

Or maybe leave it at 5 and give all pacific people full points for the morning questions :)

Deimos

• A grade - Good
« Reply #87 on: September 02, 12:46 AM »
It's annoying because we miss the 5AM question.

I think moving it to 7 PT/ 10 ET is probably the best option.

Polatron

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 03:55 AM »
Another option is 9am PST/12pm EST. Everyone gets a full after work period to answer that way, and lunch hour/breaks during work if that's where you answer most of the day.

zombyteer

• A Grade - Promoted member
  • A grade - Good
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 07:48 AM »
Most of the answers are pretty straight forward. As a heads-up for the second question, the Tanabe/Miyamoto one, certain letters have accents. The answer won't work unless the accents are there so I suggest you copy and paste the name of the game from somewhere.

Worf

• A grade - Good
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 10:56 AM »
1) 3 words. Spell out the number.
2) Accents count. Colons count. 5 words.
3) 2 words. Ampersand counts.
4) 2 words. Easy enough. if not, Darwin.
5) 2 words. Easy.

Deimos

• A grade - Good
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 12:17 PM »
Another option is 9am PST/12pm EST. Everyone gets a full after work period to answer that way, and lunch hour/breaks during work if that's where you answer most of the day.

That works for me.

FyreWulff

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 10:03 PM »
New batch coming in this morning after some quick backend/frontend changes

Worf

• A grade - Good
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 11:31 AM »
#1) A popular game on the 2600 whose name is similar to a game genre. If you've read Ernest Cline's "Ready Player One", the game is featured in the book. (I suggest you read the book - ti's good). 1 word.
#2) Used on Capcom CPS-2, CPS-3 and Sega System 16/18 machines. When the (word 2) goes flat (or is disconnected from the main board), the machine commits (word 1) and is unplayable. Look up how arcade games were copy protected. The "(word 1) (word 2)" powers some memory that holds an encryption key to the ROM. 2 words.
#3) Probably the best movie of the series. Featuring such technology as morphing and the governator. Also a pinball machine. Word space number.
#4) Girlfriend's name. 1 word. The year will find you the game.

#2 is a bit difficult. Luckily the answer is located on the official website of a popular emulator's development team in the FAQs.
« Last Edit: September 12, 11:34 AM by Worf »

Eddie_Brock

• A grade - Good
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 12:15 PM »
#1) A popular game on the 2600 whose name is similar to a game genre. If you've read Ernest Cline's "Ready Player One", the game is featured in the book. (I suggest you read the book - ti's good). 1 word.
#2) Used on Capcom CPS-2, CPS-3 and Sega System 16/18 machines. When the (word 2) goes flat (or is disconnected from the main board), the machine commits (word 1) and is unplayable. Look up how arcade games were copy protected. The "(word 1) (word 2)" powers some memory that holds an encryption key to the ROM. 2 words.
#3) Probably the best movie of the series. Featuring such technology as morphing and the governator. Also a pinball machine. Word space number.
#4) Girlfriend's name. 1 word. The year will find you the game.

#2 is a bit difficult. Luckily the answer is located on the official website of a popular emulator's development team in the FAQs.

Thanks, got all 4.

Maigoyume

• A grade - Good
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 12:55 PM »
Thanks worf. And seconded on Ready Player One, that book is amazing.

Kovaelin

• A grade - Good
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 03:02 PM »
I first heard of Ready Player One from a Sword & Laser podcast. I totally forgot about it until now! I've also been recommended Wolf in White Van, if I ended up liking Ready Player One.

Worf

• A grade - Good
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 03:59 PM »
Easy peasy.

#1) This guy was expensive, and it's likely why Activision forced Bungie's board to fire Marty O'Donnel. (who had his revenge by not only winning twice the pay owed to him from vacations and overtime and attorney's fees, but also regaining valuable Founder's Shares that were unfairly stripped from him. The judge simply noted that he would've given those shares up if he left volunarily, but since he was fired, he was entitled to what he was due, non-diluted. Activision claimed doing so would ruin Bungie because he's just going to mess things up as an ex-employee, to which the judge noted "You should've thought of that before firing him".). Two words.

#2) The name featured Volkwagen's revamped iconic car. The title was changed for Australia when it featured Holden Special Vehicle. Three words.

#3) Sometimes, instead of "(answer)" at the end of moves, you see "fin", the French equivalent. Two words.

FyreWulff

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 04:53 AM »
A hard mode daily is appearing later today if you get the first daily entered.

Worf

• A grade - Good
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 06:19 PM »
Wow, that was hard.

#1) Really, just guess. It's not THAT hard. Hint: it starts with "area". Word space number.

#2) This is not what happens when you're shot or hit. It's the effect you visually see when it happens. One short word.

#2 is tricky because it's hard figuring out that the answer is supposed to be. First figure out what bug was fixed in the XBLA that did this, then figure out what happened visually when it was active.
« Last Edit: September 14, 06:22 PM by Worf »

Deimos

• A grade - Good
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 11:13 PM »
That was really tricky.

I have a great hint but along with Worf's hint it would make the question too easy. :P

Worf

• A grade - Good
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 12:12 AM »
Oh, it was hard to come up with a clue that didn't make it TOO easy :)

Worf

• A grade - Good
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 09:21 AM »
#1) too easy. No clue here since it's really easy. 2 words.

Second question (perfect dark one) just see above,

FyreWulff

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 02:03 AM »
Two dailies today. One is normal, and one will only show up if you answered a certain daily before some time ago. Curious on opinions of cross-day hardmode dailies.

Worf

• A grade - Good
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 10:20 AM »
Apparently I missed the second daily so I don't get to try it.

But the one I got is super easy.

The clues are all there.

But if you really need a hint, it's from a favorite in the franchise and hasn't gone through the HD remake treatment. (In fact, it was said the franchise is dead if that ever gets an HD remake). Also, Bungie's favorite number.

FyreWulff

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 12:49 PM »
Whoops! Appears it was incorrectly set up on my end. the cross-day hardmode is now set to show up at 5pm pst

Worf

• A grade - Good
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 02:50 PM »
Hopefully it's a hard one that's challenging to find the answer to, and not hard because you're trying to figure out what bloody word to enter. (Like the last one - I had to do around 10 different guesses to figure out the word after finding the answer).

FyreWulff

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 04:25 PM »
I will avoid those ones in the future

Worf

• A grade - Good
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 12:36 AM »
Or at least provide a hint as to what kind of answer you're expecting. Like "One short word" or something.

Hrm. Tennis For Two - I will not give a clue as it's already too easy to get the answer.

Worf

• A grade - Good
« Reply #109 on: September 21, 02:34 PM »
Hints for Quiz - 21 Sep, 5AM Question

Another easy one. No hint here.

Worf

• A grade - Good
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 10:07 AM »
22 Sept 5AM Question

Easy peasy. two words and the number in the format described by the question.

Polatron

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 12:38 PM »
Making notice that there's a batch of three questions, following the past couple. The 90s one requires the FULL game name, which is the title and the subtitle together. The other two are two words a piece, so they're a bit easier.

Worf

• A grade - Good
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 04:21 PM »
I'm only 8 points despite it being 4PM - what gives? it's less than 12 hours old!

Deimos

• A grade - Good
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 06:12 PM »
Thank you Akinator for the first question lol.

Polatron

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 07:06 PM »
I'm only 8 points despite it being 4PM - what gives? it's less than 12 hours old!

They might be refreshing at 2am instead of 5am. Need to check if us building things reverted that. Either way, got to settle on a final time of them soon!

Worf

• A grade - Good
« Reply #115 on: November 13, 01:05 AM »
I give up I can't get #1...

Deimos

• A grade - Good
« Reply #116 on: November 13, 11:49 AM »
I give up I can't get #1...

It released in 1994 on the Genesis and 1995 on the SNES.

Worf

• A grade - Good
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 03:22 PM »
Todays (2007) - Four words, colon is important. US spelling.

Worf

• A grade - Good
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 04:58 AM »
So what was the answer to that 1994 question?

ChicoQuente

• A grade - Good
« Reply #119 on: November 15, 06:25 AM »
Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure