Author Topic: Who created the Marvel Universe? Jack Kirby did.  (Read 1268 times)

Lestato

• B Grade - Normal
Who created the Marvel Universe? Jack Kirby did.
« on: September 06, 11:53 AM »
I've seen Victor speak a couple of times now about his love for comic books and I have to put this out there, it's a tragedy to mention anything to do with comic books and not mention Jack Kirby.  Looking back, listening to all sides and living with what's been said, in print, and hearing it from people on the inside, I think there is no doubt Stan Lee had a hand in what was presented in each of the issues that bear his name as co-creator but the prime movers in all the creations were the men who drew the comics.  Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko stand out in my mind.  Do your research and give credit where credit is due.

zenith16

• A grade - Good
Re: Who created the Marvel Universe? Jack Kirby did.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 12:14 AM »
I've seen Victor speak a couple of times now about his love for comic books and I have to put this out there, it's a tragedy to mention anything to do with comic books and not mention Jack Kirby. Looking back, listening to all sides and living with what's been said, in print, and hearing it from people on the inside, I think there is no doubt Stan Lee had a hand in what was presented in each of the issues that bear his name as co-creator but the prime movers in all the creations were the men who drew the comics. Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko stand out in my mind. Do your research and give credit where credit is due.

it was both Stan the man Lee and Jack kurby both made idea's and both made the characters. jack kurby was a very talented man and artist his creation are eve a part of Dc with the new god's which are being featured in the latest DCUO up dates. ad alot of people always pay tribute to him. we have to remember Vic's a busy person and not everything always comes to a person mind at certain moment o the spot.
« Last Edit: September 08, 12:22 AM by zenith16 »