Author Topic: Mission for Marissa, should she choose to accept it  (Read 1891 times)

c0cteau

• B Grade - Normal
I'm not a Facebookie or Twit so I can't get at her there, but I've noticed Marissa's about as unimpressed as I am with some of the sexist crap that takes place in video games, based on comments she's made over the years. I wonder if she'd consider interviewing someone like Anita Sarkeesian on the show, maybe even doing a feature on gender in games.

atfsix

• A grade - Good
Re: Mission for Marissa, should she choose to accept it
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 09:16 PM »
I'd rather see an interview of gamers like the fragdolls instead of someone heading a movement that belittles and silences any gamer that doesn't agree with her. Considering what she's done to Gaymers and The Fine Young Capitalists (two movements both serving to increase diversity in both the community and the industry, the latter being a charity for women in the games industry.)

Or you know, someone that actually plays video games like Marissa. Or at least someone not actively trying to assert control over the industry by playing the victim.

If EP actually acknowledges her or gives her any more undeserved influence to the detriment of female, male and transgender gamers alike - I'd stop watching the show altogether.

Do an interview with Morgan Webb, I'm interested to see the opinion of someone in the industry that really cares (read: not manipulating it for donations) and especially considering how long X-Play was on the air for. Morgan Webb, Olivia Munn or pretty much any professional gamer would be way better interviewees. Especially since they aren't bullies (understatement of the year) and constantly trying to spread misinformation to further their political agenda.

I really miss X-Play and AoTS. G4 falling apart signalled the end of an era for me.

Kovaelin

• A grade - Good
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 07:34 AM »
I'd rather see Suki Diefenbaker and Head again.

c0cteau

• B Grade - Normal
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 11:22 AM »
Stupid browser crashing after I do all that typing!

OK, take 2, the short version:

fragdolls yes. Webb sure, but she did little with her platform for all those years. Sarkeesian hasn't silenced anyone, and being a hardcore gamer as qualification for an opinion is a bizarre argument. I doubt you apply it to other aspects of your daily life. Other women, more views/perspectives, whatever.

I miss G4 too.

cool_boy_mew

• A grade - Good
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 06:26 PM »
I'd rather see an interview of gamers like the fragdolls instead of someone heading a movement that belittles and silences any gamer that doesn't agree with her. Considering what she's done to Gaymers and The Fine Young Capitalists (two movements both serving to increase diversity in both the community and the industry, the latter being a charity for women in the games industry.)

I haven't heard about this. What did Anita do to The Fine Young Capitalists? I thought it was Zoe that did something... Well, Anita sure didn't advertise it. Also what she did to Gaymers? I didn't heard about that at all

Also I agree, let's not get Anita on the show, god no
« Last Edit: October 19, 06:28 PM by cool_boy_mew »