Author Topic: Backend tweaks. Site performance poll.  (Read 3340 times)

FyreWulff

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
Backend tweaks. Site performance poll.
« on: May 23, 05:24 AM »
If you've used Arc or the Old World previously, how do you feel about the server performance right now versus any time before a week ago? Better, worse, or didn't notice a backend change at all?

Animefreek

• A Grade - Promoted member
  • A grade - Good
Re: Backend tweaks. Site performance poll.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 01:26 PM »
Everything seems to be loading quicker.

Pr0matic

• A grade - Good
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 04:58 PM »
abit quicker...though I haven't been here for quite sometime due to alot of inactivity here

Worf

• A grade - Good
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 04:23 AM »
It's usually been my PC that's slow, and not the site...

AbaddonTheFallen

• A grade - Good
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 08:33 AM »
I'm not noticing a whole lot of difference, but it does appear to be a bit faster. It's been a while since the Old World, but I feel things are a lot faster than back then.

Reaper

• A grade - Good
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 03:24 PM »
Seems a bit faster. Couldn't even load the members page in the old world to check where I stood against friends. Always crashed my computer.

FyreWulff

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 02:16 PM »
Seems a bit faster. Couldn't even load the members page in the old world to check where I stood against friends. Always crashed my computer.

That was back when I was terrible at programming and basically had the worst way to generate that list, ever.

It stupidly computed the entire member list, in real time, and downloaded everyone's info at once, so it was something like 19MB of HTML. Retro used it to make a sweet IRC bot, though.

Pr0matic

• A grade - Good
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 04:49 PM »
Whats going one with the site!!!!! Its been awhile since I've been here....

FyreWulff

• Administrator
  • A grade - Good
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 05:14 PM »
For various reasons, it's idling right now.

If the situation changes, everyone will know for sure. All comm channels will be used.

Reaper

• A grade - Good
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 11:19 AM »
If you're looking for things to update other than server speed, assuming that anyone is still here... noticed for a long time that there is a number "1" next to the envelope icon in the top right corner of the page next to the ticket icon and above my level, which half the time doesn't actually show anything and sometimes shows my level depending on what page I'm on but that's another problem. Anyhow, that number "1" is always there and I'm curious if that is telling me I have a new message? I have a message in my mail box that I've already read but not deleted, and I was expecting an email about an old prize from old world which I never got the prize or reply on other that an initial acknowledgement that one was still owing. Anyhow if it's supposed to tell me I have a new message then the whole mail page is screwy cause the old mail opens by default with no way to close it to access new mail. Otherwise the mail icon is screwy and it's not showing the number of new mail.

zombyteer

• A Grade - Promoted member
  • A grade - Good
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 03:38 PM »
It's the icon. It's been screwy for a while now. Polatron/Fyrewulff know about it. The icon and number is for notifications as a whole rather than just messages. For example, if someone quotes you in a reply, that would be a notification. There's no way to clear them at the moment (or at least not to the best of my knowledge). I'm not sure if the number even goes up anymore ??? Pretty much all the icons in the top right are wonky in their own little way. C'est la vie.

Kovaelin

• A grade - Good
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 01:51 PM »
You used to be able to clear them one at a time, but it doesn't seem like you can even pull down the notification pane anymore. As for additional tweaks (work), may I suggest adding Tapatalk integration in the future?

moi081

• A grade - Good
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 04:35 PM »
Is there a way to edit review? I was looking at the review section and submit a review by accident. If there is no way of editing it would be a nice feature to add.

Thanks